Achari Chicken Shan Masala Recipe is a healthy spin on the classic chicken tikka masala. The dish calls for fresh ginger, garlic cloves, whole black peppers, ground cumin seeds, garam masala powder, and salt.
Like many Indian dishes, it’s traditionally cooked in the traditional clay pot called a ‘kadhai’ that allows for even cooking of all ingredients.
We played with this aspect by using a cast-iron pot instead to get the same even cooking without going through the trouble of washing our kitchen afterward.
How to prepare Achari Chicken Shan Masala Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1. Heat coconut oil in a large cast-iron pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and pinch of salt and cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown (without burning).
2. Add the chicken cubes and brown on all sides. This will take about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground cumin seeds and garam masala powder and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, stirring often.
4. Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low so that the stock simmers but does not boil over (about 15 minutes).
5. Season, as needed with salt, and leave to simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken, is tender but still moist.
6. Stir in the chopped cilantro and serve hot.
Nutrition facts of Achari Chicken Shan Masala Recipe
|Serving size||816 g|
5 Health benefits of Achari Chicken Shan Masala Recipe
1. Chicken is a good source of protein
It is easily the most popular source of protein among meats. One serving of this chicken recipe supplies 42.5 g of protein, which makes up just under one-half of an adult’s daily recommended allowance (56 grams per day).
2. Garlic improves cardiovascular health
Garlic is a widely used cooking ingredient that has many positive health benefits. It contains numerous compounds, including allicin, which has been found to have powerful heart-health effects. 3 cloves contain around 0.
4. Black pepper enhances digestion
Freshly ground black pepper has many benefits, but perhaps the most well-known is that it aids in digestion.
The compounds piperine, peperine, and limonene contained in black pepper have improved overall digestion and reduced stomach bloating and gas.
This can be helpful for those suffering from digestive problems like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or constipation.
5. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties
Consuming ginger helps reduce inflammation in the body and is being studied for its potential in preventing or treating chronic diseases. It may also help ease arthritis, muscle aches, and other common everyday health problems.
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe?
Anyone can enjoy this delicious Chicken Achari recipe. It’s a great dish for anyone to enjoy.
Does the recipe contain any nuts?
No, it does not contain any nuts. This is a quick recipe and has no nuts or oil in it.
Can I freeze the recipe?
The recipe can be frozen after being cooked, but it may lose some flavor and texture. Once you have made the chicken dish, you can freeze up to two weeks in an airtight container or bag in the freezer.
The Bottom Line
Finally, Chicken Achari Masala Recipe is an easy recipe to cook at home. Digestive health and heart health are the significant benefits of this dish apart from the taste.
Have a taste to see if it is the right recipe for you, and let us know what you think about it. You may also like to look at other delicious recipes. Would you please leave your valuable comments on this chicken dish below?