The Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe is a satisfying and flavorful entrée that uses chicken thighs cooked in a lard-based sauce with cumin, garlic powder, and bay leaves. This recipe can be made in the oven or on the grill at your BBQ party.
A refreshing salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese will complement this fine entrée. A chocolate or peach pie dessert is an excellent way to end this meal.
How to make Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 TBS. lard
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the 2 TBS. of lard and add the onions, cumin, and oregano. Cook for about 3 minutes, frequently stirring to coat the onion evenly in the fat after about 2 minutes.
2. Add the chicken, garlic powder, and salt and cook for about 12 minutes, frequently stirring to keep the lard coating evenly over the chicken.
3. Pour in ½ cup of water, reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes or until ready to serve.
4. Serve with a salad and warm flour tortillas. Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe serves 4-6 people.
Nutrition facts of Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe
5 Health Benefits of Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe
1. Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals that boost your immune system and prevent certain diseases such as cancers, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes.
2. Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe is a good source of lean protein that provides you with sufficient energy to keep your mind sharp and active.
3. The lard used in this recipe contains essential fatty acids that are good for your cardiovascular system and brain development.
4. Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe is good for reducing high blood pressure and heart disease.
5. Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe is also rich in selenium, a mineral known to improve the immune system and help you fight against certain types of cancer.
Can I Freeze It??
You can freeze this recipe if you want but do not cook the chicken and other ingredients until the time is to serve them since this will make them mushy.
To freeze, let the sauce cool, then pour into a freezer-safe container. You can store up to a year in the freezer.
Where Can I Buy It?
The best place to buy Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe ingredients is at your local grocery store or your local restaurant.
However, if you want certain brands, I recommend buying them from the following website.
6 Ways to Serve Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe
You can serve Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe by making it into a complete meal with a side salad, warm flour tortillas, or fresh corn tortillas.
1. If you are hosting a potluck or party, cook the chicken and other ingredients together in a skillet to not take too long to prepare and serve.
2. If you are serving Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe at home, you can cook it in a skillet or oven during the last 20 minutes of preparing the rest of the meal.
3. You may also serve Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe cold if you want to pack it in your lunch. Do not forget to bring warm tortillas or chips with salsa to eat with this dish to be more enjoyable and flavorful.
4. You may also serve Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe at room temperature.
5. If you want to make it into a quick meal, you can serve Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe over rice or pasta or with a side of tortillas and salsa.
6. If you want to make it into a party dish, you can combine Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe with guacamole and garlic rolls. Enjoy!
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe?
This recipe is suitable for all people, including kids, teens, and adults of all ages. It can be a great recipe to make when you want to impress your guest.
How to choose the right ingredients?
This recipe is perfect for all people, including kids, teens, and adults of all ages. It can be a great recipe to make when you want to impress your guest. Here are some tips to consider when choosing Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe ingredients:
1. You may choose cut or whole chicken thighs instead of boneless skinless chicken breasts if you like the taste and texture better.
2. You may substitute the lard with butter or avocado oil if you do not have enough fat in your pantry.
3. You may also choose to use dried oregano instead of Mexican oregano if you can’t find it.
4. You do not need to use Mexican oregano or cumin if you do not like their taste and prefer other herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage, or basil.
5. You may opt to use ground cumin instead of whole cumin seeds if you want to save yourself some time preparing this recipe.
The Bottom Line
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. I always try to cook recipes that are delicious and easy to make. Alamo Cafe Chicken Laredo Recipe is one of those recipes that are both of these things.
This recipe is just one example, so you may choose to modify it as you see fit by using different ingredients or cooking it another way.