Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe There’s nothing quite like the savory tastes and aroma of an Indian meal.
If you’re looking for a dish that will spice up your tastebuds, why not try this authentic Malvani chicken recipe from Prasad almalwani? It may take a little extra effort, but the effort will be worth it.
How to make Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe
- 3 large Malvani chicken (approx. 1 lb each)
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 6-7 thin slices of ginger
- 3 green chilies, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large onion (cut roughly into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 large tomatoes (pureed roughly)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
1. Marinate chicken with ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp oil, half the salt, and 1 tsp turmeric powder.
2. Set aside for 4-5 hours (or overnight in the fridge).
3. Mix remaining salt and turmeric powder and garam masala and red chili powder in a small bowl.
4. Heat oil (1 tbsp) in a large oven-proof pan or wok on medium heat to high heat (frying the chicken).
5. Add chicken to the pan and deep-fry for about 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
7. Put the chicken in a bowl and mix the remaining oil, cilantro, onion, and tomatoes using your hands or a pair of tongs if you have them handy (wiping out the excess fat with cheesecloth is an option as well).
8. Place the chicken in an oven dish, pour over the sauce and sprinkle with spice mixture liberally.
9. Bake in a 350-degree F oven for 1 hour.
10. Serve hot with basmati rice, pulao, or naan bread and pickles.
Nutrition facts of Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe
|Total fat||12.4 grams|
|Saturated fat||3.4 grams|
10 Benefits of Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe
1. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe is very good for blood circulation because of the spices and red chili powder. It also helps prevent cancer
2. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe boosts memory, brain activity, and focus
3. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe increases metabolism and lowers cholesterol!
4. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe lowers risks of heart disease by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood, therefore lowering chances of a heart attack
5. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe can be used for weight loss by increasing energy expenditure and decreasing caloric intake, along with exercise and a healthy diet.
6. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe can also protect against diabetes by reducing blood sugar levels and improving glycemic control.
7. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe is great for strengthening immunity as it hydrates the body from within due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
8. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe helps alleviate arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms by reducing inflammation.
9. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe helps to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood, thus reducing the chances of heart disease
10. Authentic Malvani Chicken Recipe can reduce blood pressure and protect against diabetes by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood, therefore lowering the chances of a heart attack.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can buy authentic Malvani chicken from any Indian store that carries spices, although I don’t think it’s available in mainstream supermarkets.
What You Can Do With This Chicken Recipe
You can serve the chicken with rice and dal, curries or other side dishes. For example, here’s a traditional Malvani chicken recipe for tandoori chicken.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze it. All you need to do is a thaw in the fridge for about an hour or so and then fry for a few minutes.
How To Thaw Frozen Chicken
1. From the freezer:
Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 to 72 hours, depending on the size of the cut. Small or thin amounts will cook more quickly than large ones (especially true of chicken breasts).
2. From the refrigerator:
Place in cold tap water for 30 minutes to 1 hour, changing the water every 30 minutes.
3. Thawing in the microwave:
Place the frozen chicken in a microwave-safe dish, and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Microwave at 50% power for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per pound.
4. Thawing in a skillet:
To thaw frozen chicken breasts in a skillet, cover cold water and place over medium heat. Heat just until the water begins to bubble; this will take about 5 minutes. Let sit for 1 hour before cooking.
5. Microwaving and Thawing in the Dishwasher:
Place frozen chicken in the Dishwasher, cover with a large plate, and set for about 3 hours.
For best results, thaw chicken at refrigerator temperature. If you don’t have a cold refrigerator, put the frozen chicken in the fridge before cooking.
7. Don’t Overcook It:
Keep an eye on it while cooking.
Thoroughly clean kitchen surfaces, counters, and cutting boards before and after handling thawed poultry to avoid cross-contamination.
9. Helpful Hints:
Use immediately after thawing, or freeze again for later use. For the best quality and safe handling, keep frozen until ready to use (usually up to one year).
Authentic Malvani chicken has been around for generations, proving that slow-cooked, flavorful food can be healthy.
Though it takes time to eat, you get to keep your hands busy and add a lot of flavor and health to your meal.
This delicious Indian recipe is best served with rice, bread, or any typical Indian side dish such as pulao (rice cooked in a sauce). Please use the share buttons below to post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ if you liked this post.