I have the best Chicken Longganisa Recipe that you can prepare to leave your family happy and satisfied. This recipe is perfect for large families or gatherings because it can feed up to 100 people.
It’s also an easy dish to make with only 15 minutes of prep time, 20 minutes of cooking, and 10 minutes of clean-up. Plus, it tastes delicious!
How to make Best Chicken Longganisa Recipe
- 2 whole chicken fryer
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 package longganisa sausage or chorizo sausages, thinly sliced into sticks or cubes (you can find it in the frozen food section of most grocery stores)
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and crisp for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
2. Heat the cooking oil in the same pan until hot. Fry the longganisa sausages until crispy and browned. Then remove from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix the 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt, and pepper, then add to the skillet once it has heated up again. Stir briskly, so it gets cooked well without any lumps or bits stuck at the bottom of the skillet.
4. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition facts of Best Chicken Longganisa Recipe
|Saturated Fat||8 grams|
|Trans Fat||0 grams|
|Vitamin E||2.5 mg|
7 Healthy Benefits of Best Chicken Longganisa Recipe
1. It’s a very healthy dish packed with nutrients and fiber.
2. Containing low calories and high in protein, this is the best food that helps build muscles and retain lean body mass.
3. This recipe also contains reasonable amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps prevent heart diseases and diabetes,
fighting inflammation, lowering cholesterol levels and blood pressure, boosting brain health, increasing energy levels for people with fatigue syndrome, improving skin health, and preventing arthritis (2).
4. It contains high amounts of sodium, but only 11% of your daily requirements.
5. It is also low in trans fats and cholesterol, making it a perfect dish for heart patients.
6. It contains reasonable amounts of vitamins and minerals required by the body, such as vitamin C, B, and vitamin E.
7. This recipe has no added preservatives, so you know that you’re eating nothing but healthy food that’s filled with nutrients.
Can I freeze it?
Yes, you can. Just make sure that you freeze the food in an airtight container placed inside a large freezer bag for added protection.
Please place it in your refrigerator for at least 24 hours before storing it in the freezer. Remove from the freezer and thaw completely before reheating.
How long can I store it?
You can store this recipe in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure that you cover leftovers with aluminum foil or plastic wrap, then place it in an airtight container until you’re ready to reheat.
Can I use frozen chicken instead?
Yes, you can. Just make sure that you thaw the frozen chicken first before cooking to cook evenly. You can also use frozen cooked chicken to make this recipe. Just let it melt entirely, then follow the cooking instructions.
Can I double or quadruple?
No, you can’t. This is a one-serving recipe. The mixture will turn from a thicker sauce to a thin gravy once it’s done cooking, so you can only make 1 serving at a time.
How can I make it spicier?
If you’re looking for a spicy dish, I suggest adding varieties of hot chilly peppers.
The spiciness will vary depending on the different chili peppers used, so if you want a milder version, try using bell peppers instead. You can also use chili sauce or hot sauce to season your dish.
How long does it take to cook?
It takes about 20 minutes to cook this recipe, but it will depend on how long you let the chicken and the sausages simmer in the skillet.
The Bottom Line
It’s straightforward to prepare, and the results are excellent. It’s a dish that will keep your family busy for a long time. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Let me know if you tried it and how it turned out for you. Please leave a rating and share this recipe with your friends and family.