Bread Crumbs or Flour for Fried Chicken is a testy Recipe. Traditional southern fried chicken is made with a seasoned flour coating. In this recipe for fried chicken, we use a mixture of bread crumbs and seasonings to add flavor to the crispy crust on the final product.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is buttermilk. Buttermilk is the key ingredient that adds a tangy taste and marries well with bread crumbs.
Chicken is the star ingredient, but if you attempt this recipe for fried chicken, try to use organic or free-range birds. The quality of the chickens will affect how moist and flavorful your meat will be after cooking.
Although frying is considered a higher-fat food, there are ways to cut down on the fat content without sacrificing taste. Try pan-frying instead of deep-frying, or try baking your favorite fried food in the oven for a healthier alternative.
Bread Crumbs or Flour for Fried Chicken Recipe
To prepare chicken, make sure chicken is completely thawed if previously frozen. If chickens are still partially frozen when you begin prepping, place them in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight to allow them to fully defrost.
- 4 whole chicken legs and thighs (skin removed) or four chicken breasts cut into large chunks.
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse organic chicken well with cold water, and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag or container that can be sealed tightly.
- Add the chicken to the buttermilk in the bag, seal tightly, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. If you don’t want to marinate the chicken overnight, 4 hours will do as long as the chicken pieces are in a single layer and submerged in the buttermilk.
- After letting your meat rest in the buttermilk, prepare your breading station: In one large mixing bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Pour enough bread crumbs to cover the bottom (about 1/4-1/2 cup) in a separate bowl.
- Take each chicken piece one at a time, shake off any excess buttermilk, coat in the flour mixture (shaking off any excess) and then dip into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2-3 inches of cooking oil in a cast-iron pot until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or use a deep fryer if you have one.
- Pan-fry your breaded chicken pieces for 8-10 minutes on each side or deep fry them according to the directions provided with your equipment.
Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Does Bread Crumbs or Flour for Fried Chicken Good for Health?
Bread crumbs for fried chicken is good for health because it is a good source of protein when you use it as a coating on the meat.
Bread crumbs for fried chicken provide people with the needed carbohydrates when they need them. Especially when these carbs are made from whole grains and have a low glycemic index.
This food can provide nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C to people who eat it. Bread crumbs for fried chicken also helps in the growth and repair of body tissues, proper functioning of body organs, and keeping a healthy immune system that fights disease.
Does Fried Chicken Help in Weight Loss?
Bread crumbs for fried chicken are good for people trying to lose weight because it has a low glycemic index.
A food with a low glycemic index means that the food does not cause an increase in blood sugar levels. When you use this kind of food as one of your ingredients, you have more chances of losing weight because of the low amount of carbs.
You can also make your chicken more nutritious by adding other ingredients like vegetables, beans, and whole grains to your chicken. Having these additional ingredients will help build lean muscle too!
Chicken is already one of the healthiest foods you can eat; try making it even healthier with the right bread crumbs!
Does Fried Chicken Good For Heart Patients?
People with heart conditions should avoid eating bread crumbs for fried chicken because it is a portion of fatty food. It also contains cholesterol that can add to the already high levels in the body of people who have heart conditions.
Cholesterol forms plaque deposits inside blood vessels which narrows them, restricting blood flow. Some individuals may lack symptoms until a heart attack or stroke occurs.
Bread crumbs for fried chicken are good for health. But just be mindful of how often you eat this food, not because it is high in cholesterol and fats.
Also, the deep-fried aspect of bread crumbs for fried chicken can add to your risk of heart conditions. It is best to limit the intake of fried food, especially if you have heart conditions.
Does Fried Chicken Contain Cholesterol?
Bread crumbs for fried chicken contain cholesterol. If you are interested in losing weight or improving your heart health, try removing this kind of food from the menu… permanently!
Cholesterol is necessary because it is a part of each cell membrane in the body. It works together with the cells’ proteins to make sure that the membrane has no cracks.
However, there comes a time when cholesterol levels in the body become too high. And can be hazardous if cholesterol deposits form inside blood vessels, narrowing them and restricting blood flow to other organs.
People who do not monitor their dietary intake of cholesterol and fats can suffer from heart diseases.
You will also protect yourself from other consequences of having high cholesterol. If you manage to keep your dietary cholesterol intake as low as possible, not only bread crumbs for fried chicken but all foods containing cholesterol.
The Bottom Line
Hope you found this post to be interesting! I’m looking forward to seeing your comments. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!