Can you add protein powder to pancake mix? That’s what I was wondering when flipping through my new cookbook. Turns out, the answer is yes!
Protein powders are easy to boost your energy levels and feel full for hours after eating a meal. Today I’m going to show you how to make pancakes with protein powder in them. It’s easier than it sounds!
Did you know that adding protein powder to pancake mix can help you have a healthier breakfast? I know it might sound weird, but hear me out.
Protein is important for muscle growth and repair, so if your goal is to build muscle or maintain your current level of leanness, this could be the perfect way to start your day.
Adding protein powder to the pancake mix will provide about 20 grams of protein per serving which is more than enough for most people’s daily needs.
The only thing left up to you would be what type of flavor do you want in them? If I had my choice, I would go with chocolate chip because who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip pancake now and then!
Can You Add Protein Powder To Pancake Mix?
Yes, you can! Mixing protein powder with pancake mix is easy and surprisingly delicious. I love adding chocolate chips to the batter to make them taste even better than they already do.
You’re going to be shocked by how easy it is!
- 3/4 cup of coconut or almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 5 whole wheat pancakes mix (I prefer the brand Bisquick)
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (optional)
- chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)
1. Mix the pancake, baking soda, arrowroot powder, eggs, and coconut milk in a bowl.
2. Blend them gently, so the pancakes don’t get tough. If you want to add a scoop of protein powder, go ahead and add it now.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with canola oil or coconut oil cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the heated skillet to make your pancakes.
4. Let each pancake cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until they are golden. If you add protein powder to the mix, it will take a little longer for them to cook since protein tends to absorb moisture from other ingredients in the food.
5. Add your choice of syrup if desired, and then enjoy! They’re delicious by themselves or with a yummy spread like peanut butter or almond butter.
Recipe Notes: Add chocolate chips to the batter (optional). These pancakes taste delicious with or without the protein powder. If you want them to be extra fluffy and thick, add 1 tsp. Of arrowroot powder into the mix instead of baking soda.
Makes 10 pancakes (each pancake is about 3″ in diameter)
6 Amazing Serving Style
1. Add Protein Powder To Pancake Mix
I know it sounds weird but gives it a try! You might be surprised. It’s the best way to power up your day with extra protein that will help you feel full for hours after eating this delicious meal.
2. Eat Them For Breakfast
Of course, they make an awesome breakfast! You can add some awesome toppings like peanut butter or almond butter to make it even tastier.
I love them fresh off the pan with a bit of syrup on top, and some chocolate chips sprinkled all over.
3. Add Protein Powder To Pancake Mix During Your Workouts
If your goal is to build muscle, then this would be the perfect way to get in some extra protein while you’re working out.
A scoop of chocolate protein powder will give your muscles the fuel they need to recover after a workout, and it’s delicious too!
4. Use Them As Pancake Bites
I love making pancakes into bite-sized treats that I can snack on while watching TV or reading a book.
It’s so much easier to resist the temptation of getting something bad when you have a healthy alternative nearby! These pancake bites are delicious, with some peanut butter or almond butter on top.
5. Add Protein Powder To Pancake Mix During The Day
If you’re looking for an afternoon snack that will keep you full until dinner, look no further.
These healthy pancakes are just as delicious as they sound and will satisfy your cravings without ruining your diet!
6. Use Pancake Mix As Bread Crumbs?
I know it sounds crazy, but pancake mix is a great gluten-free substitute for bread crumbs so if you need to make something gluten-free, this would be a perfect substitute.
It’s also cheaper than buying bread crumbs from the store!
The Bottom Line
So there you have it! I love these pancakes because they’re delicious, cheap, and easy to make. They also freeze very well, so if you make some extras, store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.