This Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe is an easy dish you can make any night of the week and will be sure to please everyone at the table.
You’ll need just 15 minutes to whip this meal up before dinner time hits, so you’re not scrambling around in a mad dash trying to figure out what’s for dinner tonight.
So grab your ingredients and get started with this delicious chakalaka chicken pasta recipe! Most of us are on some type of diet, whether keto, vegan, gluten-free or something else.
This recipe is for all the people who love to eat pasta but can’t have wheat or dairy! It has a spicy kick that will make your taste buds feel alive again.
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe serves about four people and will take you 15 minutes to make.
The first thing you need to do is boil the water for your pasta. Follow the package instructions to know how long it should cook.
While you’re waiting, whisk together all of the ingredients for your Chakalaka sauce and set aside. It’s time to start prepping your veggies and chicken so you can get this meal on the table ASAP!
How To Prepare Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe?
Chop onion, slice the chicken breasts thinly and halve cherry tomatoes. When the water for your pasta is boiling hot, put your spaghetti in and cook according to the package instructions.
Go ahead if you want to steam the veggies while your pasta cooks!
Ingredients For Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of red peppers
- 1/2 cup of green peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into slices or cubes
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup basil
1. To your large pot with boiling hot water, add spaghetti and cook according to instructions.
2. Meanwhile, heat up 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over high heat. When the oil is very hot, toss in chicken pieces and sprinkle salt on top.
3. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle, then remove from heat and set aside.
4. To the same pan you used to cook the chicken, add red and green peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until slightly soft.
5. Add cherry tomatoes and allow them to cook for 2 minutes more.
6. Pour in the chakalaka sauce you made earlier and stirred everything together.
7. Add cooked chicken back into the pan to warm it up before covering your spaghetti with chakalaka sauce.
8. Serve on its own or with a side of fresh cilantro, basil, and chopped onion for extra flavor!
Nutrition Fact Of Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe
10 Health Benefits Of Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe
1. Contains cancer-fighting properties
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe contains cancer-fighting properties. The phenolic compounds present in the veggies help to prevent cancer.
2. Balance blood sugar level
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe contains fiber content which helps to reduce insulin resistance and decrease levels of glucose in the body hence preventing type 2 diabetes.
3. Good source of iron
Iron is essential for the energy release and production of red blood cells.
4. Good source of antioxidants
Antioxidants are good for the skin and slow down the aging process by reducing free radicals’ damage done to the body.
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe is rich in antioxidants, making it great for healthy-looking skin and hair!
5. Helps in weight loss
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe is made up of whole wheat pasta. It also contains proteins and fiber, making you feel full for a longer time and preventing binge eating.
6. Prevents heart diseases
This dish prevents heart diseases as it has a good amount of potassium, calcium, and magnesium that regulate blood pressure and prevent heart attacks.
7. Good source of vitamin B
Vitamin B is necessary for several bodily functions such as converting food into energy, proper functioning of the nervous system, etc.
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe provides Vitamin B6, which helps regulate sodium levels in the body by maintaining fluid balance and preventing water retention.
8. Good for the immune system
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe contains a good amount of vitamin A needed for a strong immune system.
9. Prevents Alzheimer’s disease
Eating foods rich in antioxidants help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Chakala chicken pasta recipe is a tasty dish that contains a good amount of antioxidants.
10. Prevents diabetes
Diabetes is caused by excess sugar in the body. Chakala Chicken Pasta Recipe prevents diabetes as it has low glycemic index content, checking blood sugar levels.
The Bottom Line
Chakalaka Chicken Pasta Recipe is fantastic for students, office goers, and working people as it consists of a good amount of proteins, fiber, and whole wheat. These ingredients make Chakalaka Chicken pasts a healthy meal any time of the day!
I hope you enjoy this African dish! Please leave your comments below to let me know how it turned out!
Thank you for stopping by, and good luck in your kitchen!