Chicken cream chop is a classic Japanese dish that is both comforting and satisfying. This dish features tender chicken that is coated in a crispy breadcrumb coating and then fried to perfection.
The chicken is then served with a creamy sauce made with mushrooms, onions, and heavy cream, which adds a delicious richness and depth of flavor to the dish.
While this dish may seem complex, it can be made easily at home with the right ingredients and recipe.
If you’re looking for a delicious and indulgent chicken dish to add to your repertoire, read on for tips on how to make chicken cream chop at home.
How To Prepare Chicken Cream Chop?
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Set up a breading station with three shallow dishes. In the first dish, place the flour. In the second dish, place the beaten eggs. In the third dish, place the panko breadcrumbs.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip them in the beaten eggs, making sure to coat them evenly. Finally, coat the chicken in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to help them stick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken breasts until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, make the sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onions and sliced mushrooms and sauté until they are softened and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken with the creamy mushroom sauce poured over the top.
This recipe should make about 4 servings. You can adjust the ingredients according to your desired portion size. Enjoy your homemade chicken cream chop!
Nutrition Facts Of Chicken Cream Chop
The nutrition facts of Chicken Cream Chop can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, here is a general breakdown of the nutrition information for a serving of 1 chicken breast (approx. 150g) and a quarter of the sauce recipe:
- Calories: 570
- Total Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 230mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 44g
It’s worth noting that this dish is relatively high in calories, fat, and cholesterol due to the breading and the cream sauce.
If you’re concerned about the calorie content, you could try using a lower-fat alternative to heavy creams, such as milk or evaporated milk.
Additionally, you could try baking the chicken instead of frying it to reduce the amount of oil used in the dish.
Nevertheless, this dish can be enjoyed as an indulgent treat when consumed in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
The Bottom Line
Chicken Cream Chop is a delicious and indulgent Japanese dish that features crispy chicken cutlets served with a creamy mushroom sauce.
While the dish can be relatively high in calories, fat, and sodium, it can be enjoyed as an occasional treat when consumed in moderation and balanced with other nutritious foods.
The dish can be made easily at home with a few simple ingredients, making it a great option for a cozy and satisfying meal.
With its crispy exterior and rich, creamy sauce, Chicken Cream Chop is sure to become a favorite in any home cook’s repertoire.