Chicken Curry Lasagna is a casserole dish that consists of noodles, sauce, and chicken in a cheesy white sauce. The recipe was created by layering the ingredients before baking it all together.
Chicken Curry Lasagna is healthy, affordable, easy to make, and can feed a large group. The chicken provides the protein while the cheese serves as the fat.
This dish is perfect for any meal but works well at dinner or lunchtime. It’s even better if it’s eaten cold during the next day. Chicken Curry Lasagna will probably be one of your family’s favorite meals to eat.
How To Prepare Chicken Curry Lasagna?
It is not difficult to prepare chicken curry lasagna. The only thing you have to prepare is the homemade white sauce. Once done, add all your ingredients to a bowl and mix them.
To start off preparing this dish, preheat the oven before doing anything else. Then grab a large pan, place it over medium heat, and add oil to warm up, which will take about one minute or less.
Ingredients for chicken curry lasagna
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 cup of chopped white onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bag of Lasagna Noodles (about 16 oz)
- Mozzarella Cheese (or any desired kind of cheese, about 2 cups)
- Cheddar Cheese (for topping)
Instructions for Chicken Curry Lasagna
1. Before starting, preheat the oven for 425 degrees, then grab a large pot and fill it with water to boil. That will take about 10-12 minutes or less before boiling.
2. Now that the water is heating up, fry the chicken in oil on medium heat for 8-10 minutes to cook thoroughly. Place aside until needed.
3. In a large pan, add the chopped onion and garlic to oil and let it saute for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to mix.
4. Now, you need to make the white sauce to prepare this dish, so in a pot, place oil, then add flour slowly while stirring for about 1 minute or less until golden brown.
5. Next, add milk slowly while stirring until mixed completely about 2-3 minutes on medium heat until it thickens and gets bubbly.
6. Now add curry, salt, and pepper to make sure they mix in properly with the white sauce and turn off the heat before adding cheese (about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese).
7. In a baking pan, place 1/2 cup worth of white sauce, then top that with one layer of noodles. Then add a layer of chicken and cheese (mozzarella) above the noodles followed by white sauce and repeat this process until all ingredients are used up or have 3 layers which are optional depending on your choice.
8. Top everything with cheddar cheese for the last step, then bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until noodles are soft.
After baking, it will look golden brown and smelling delicious, so take it out of the oven to cool down before serving, which takes about 10 minutes. If you prefer eating cold food, let it cool down for about 30 minutes before serving. Serve it to your family and friends, enjoy!
Nutrition Fact in Chicken Curry Lasagna
|Dietary Fiber||1g Protein: 17g|
Does It good for Diabetic Patients?
Yes, it does as the carbohydrate is very low and will provide enough energy to help with daily exercise.
Is It Good for Someone that’s Overweight?
Yes, chicken curry lasagna is a great meal for anyone who wants to lose weight because of its low calories and carbs, making it perfect for losing weight without sacrificing your daily needed energy.
Is It Good for Vegetarian People?
Yes, Chicken Curry Lasagna is a great meal for vegetarians as it has no meat, only cheese. Cheese is made from curdled milk, making it perfect as a vegetarian diet excludes all kinds of meat.
What Are The Benefits of Eating This Recipe?
Chicken Curry Lasagna recipe provides the following benefits:
- Very filling because of its ingredients.
- Provides your daily needed energy.
- Great for people who want to gain weight, especially athletes and bodybuilders.
- It contains very high amounts of calcium that can benefit your bones and teeth greatly.
- Good for pets such as dogs and cats if you add the right amount of cheese in it.
- A completely balanced meal for vegetarians.
- Contains healthy carbs and proteins, which make a great source of energy for the human body.
The Bottom Line
Making this dish can help you feel full and refresh your body after a hard day’s work. It would be a good idea to prepare this meal on the weekend and experience its wonderful taste for yourself!
Chicken Curry Lasagna is very healthy and delicious, so if you get a chance, go ahead and try it out!