Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style is a delicious dish that can be prepared in minutes. The secret to this delicious dish is the use of fresh ingredients and spices. This recipe is a little different than other recipes as it has raisins, carrots, and cashew nuts. It’s a perfect dish for parties or if you want to enjoy it with family members.
It’s also good for a bodybuilder because of the protein available in the chicken and cashews. One of the reasons chickens is good for bodybuilders is that it contains a high amount of protein.
Protein is one of the most important nutrients needed by bodybuilders to help them develop their muscles. This nutrient helps in muscle gain and fat loss, allowing you to gain lean muscle mass while minimizing fat gains during bulking phases, allowing bodybuilders to achieve a ripped look.
Since the chicken is cooked in curry, it’s a perfect dish for people who love spicy dishes. The combination of different spices and ingredients makes this recipe better than other recipes.
Mixed with rice or roti, this is one recipe that you must try to experience the taste and flavor of this amazing dish.
How to Prepare Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style
It’s very easy to prepare Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style at home. Follow the instructions in this video and prepare a delicious meal for your family.
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 cups of chicken broth or water
- 500 grams of skinless, boneless chicken cut in cubes
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups potatoes cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( or more if you like)
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
1. Mix the curry powder, turmeric, and chicken broth in a bowl.
2. Set aside In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
3. Add the chicken and stir until it’s almost cooked.
4. Add the potatoes, carrots, and salt and stir.
5. Pour in the curry broth mixture and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
6. Add the onion, raisins, and cashews and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked thoroughly.
7. Add the coconut milk to the pot and mix well, then simmer for 5 minutes allowing all ingredients to combine perfectly into this amazing Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve over rice or roti. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact of Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style
Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style is prepared using chicken, curry powder, turmeric, butter, garlic, ginger, and cashew nuts. Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style is high in protein.
To provide our body with enough energy, carbohydrates are the best source of quick energy for our body to work properly. It also contains fats that have needed by our body for energy and to keep our tissues healthy.
People who are conscious about their weight should note that fats are not the enemy it’s actually good for you, but some kinds of fats can be unhealthy.
Carbs, proteins, and fats are called macronutrients needed by our body in large amounts to provide energy and maintain cells function and different hormones.
Lastly, Chicken Curry Recipe Fiji Style contains vegetables that provide many nutrients for our body, including fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Fiber is important to keep your digestive system healthy.
The minerals such as calcium help strengthen the bones and prevent diseases like osteoporosis. Vitamin A keeps the eyes healthy. Vitamin C can help with wound healing and keeps skin healthy.
The Bottom Line
The recipe for Chicken curry, Fiji style, is a delicious dish that will have your mouth watering. This dish has the perfect balance of flavor and spice with just enough creaminess to make it feel decadent without being too heavy on the stomach.
If you are looking for a new meatless meal idea or want something different from your usual Indian fare, this chicken curry recipe may be worth trying!