Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot is a delicious Mexican dish made in a crock pot. It includes ground chicken, diced onion and bell pepper, green chilies, cream of corn, and spices.
The rice is cooked and then placed on the bottom of the slow cooker to soak up the juices.
Serve it over the rice and top it with cheese and sour cream for a delicious meal. This is a great crock pot recipe to serve your family or guests.
This recipe is very easy to make and is great for a busy family that doesn’t have much time to prepare a meal. It is one of my favorites, and I know you will enjoy it too.
How to make a Chicken fiesta recipe crock pot?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 190 minutes
Total time: 205 minutes
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 pounds of chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can cream of corn, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
1. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until cooked through and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
3. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Add bell peppers and onions to the skillet; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add cream of corn and tomatoes; cook for about 5 minutes, frequently stirring.
5. Add chicken and water to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed (the rice absorbs the most amount of liquid).
6. Add the bay leaf to the crock pot; add the chicken mixture. Pour cream of corn mixture on top of everything in the crock pot.
7. Cover with cheese and sour cream.
8. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
Nutrition facts of Chicken fiesta recipe crock pot
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Carbohydrates: 16.1g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 30.4g
Best 7 Serving Ideas for Chicken fiesta recipe crock pot
Here are 7 serving ideas for this delicious recipe. Adjust the serving amount as you wish.
1. Serve with rice
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot served with rice is a great combination. You can try your favorite rice with rice that is creamy and savory.
2. Serve on toast
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot served on toast is also another option. This is a good idea as it saves a lot of time, especially in the mornings when you want to go straight away without wasting time in the kitchen.
3. Serve with tortillas
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot serve on a tortilla is also a good idea. It is an easy way to get the flavors of this Mexican dish in a fast way. This is the right idea for you when you want to eat something quickly.
4. Serve with salad
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot serve with salad is also a good idea. A side salad goes well with this meal, although you can choose different dressings.
5. Serve with a burrito
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot served with burrito is another great idea. It is a perfect lunch, dinner, or even breakfast that you can have every day of the week.
6. Serve in tacos
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot serve in tacos. This is another good idea if you want to get some protein in your dishes and make them very easy.
7. Serve with chili
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot serve with chili describes the best combination. This meal provides great flavors, textures, and tastes that give you an incredible combination of the best flavors possible.
Chicken Fiesta recipe crock pot is a Mexican food dish that is rich in flavor. It includes chicken breast, bell pepper, onion, and green chilies.
This Mexican dish requires only a few minutes of hands-on time. This delicious dish offers a complete meal with rice, cheese, and sour cream.
This article helps you to make this delicious recipe in an even easier way. All the instructions are highlighted in a step-by-step manner so that you can easily follow along without any problem.
This mouthwatering slow cooker recipe is a hit for any meal, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s also great when you want to make your taco night!