Chicken Milanese Brio is a delicious and popular Italian dish that consists of a crispy breaded chicken cutlet served over a bed of fresh arugula, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.
The chicken cutlet is pounded thin, coated in breadcrumbs, and fried to perfection, resulting in a tender and juicy center with a crunchy and golden-brown crust.
The dish is typically served with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil, which adds a tangy and refreshing flavor to the dish.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner or a romantic date night. So, if you’re a fan of Italian cuisine, you’ll definitely want to try this mouthwatering Chicken Milanese Brio recipe.
How To Prepare Chicken Milanese Brio?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups arugula
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Set up a breading station with three shallow dishes. In the first dish, place the flour. In the second dish, beat the eggs. In the third dish, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it in the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat it in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing down firmly to make sure it’s fully coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the salad. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula and cherry tomatoes.
- To serve, place a bed of arugula and cherry tomatoes on each plate. Top with a chicken breast and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious Chicken Milanese Brio!
Here are the approximate nutrition facts for one serving of Chicken Milanese Brio, assuming the recipe makes four servings:
- Calories: 644
- Total Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Sodium: 769mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 45g
Please note that these values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used, as well as any substitutions or modifications made to the recipe.
Additionally, these nutrition facts are meant to be an estimate only and should not be taken as medical or dietary advice.
If you have specific health concerns or dietary needs, please consult with a qualified healthcare professional.
The Bottom Line
Chicken Milanese Brio is a delicious and flavorful Italian dish that is perfect for any occasion. With its crispy breaded chicken cutlet and fresh arugula and tomato salad, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
Additionally, the recipe is relatively simple to make and can be easily customized to suit your preferences, whether you prefer a spicier or more tangy flavor.
Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or a romantic date night, Chicken Milanese Brio is a versatile and tasty option that is sure to impress. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and satisfying this dish can be?