Chicken Portofino is a classic dish that can be made in less than an hour. This traditional Italian recipe combines the flavors of chicken, prosciutto, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese to create a delicious meal for any occasion.
With its creamy sauce and melted cheese on top, this dish will have your guests thinking you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen.
But don’t worry! It’s easy enough to make that even novice cooks can handle it with ease! Chicken Portofino is a great choice when you’re looking for something different to serve at dinner or bring along as an appetizer to your next party.
The flavor combinations are always well received by friends and family alike! Today we will know all details about Chicken Portofino.
How To Prepare Chicken Portofino?
I know you love Chicken Portofino. So, you must want to learn how it can prepare? Let’s Start!
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each) are cut in half to make 8 pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided.
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced (or use a 12-ounce package of white button mushrooms).
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese, cut into half-inch squares.
- For Sauce :
- 4 tablespoons butter.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream.
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish.
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add sliced mushrooms and salt to taste, and saute until tender (about 3 minutes).
3. Remove from pan.
4. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Put 1 tablespoon of oil in the same pan you used for mushrooms and turn the heat to medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
6. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate; cover with foil. Repeat with remaining oil, chicken, and mushrooms (except the already added salt) in the same pan.
7. Assemble Chicken Portofino:
Take each chicken piece and place one slice of prosciutto, top with a square of mozzarella and mushroom mixture. Roll up the chicken and secure it with a toothpick.
8. Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat and add stuffed chicken rolls seam side down. Cook until they are golden brown (about 2 minutes).
9. Add chicken broth and heavy cream to the skillet and turn the heat up to high, constantly stirring until the sauce becomes thick (about 2-3 minutes). You can add more or less chicken broth depending on how you like your sauce: thicker or thinner.
10. Remove toothpicks from rolls and transfer rolls to a plate.
11. Remove sauce from heat and pour over chicken rolls on the plate. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
12. Serve it hot! Now you can get you to learn about how to cook Chicken Portofino. Hope you all enjoy it!
Nutrition Fact Of Chicken Portofino
Chicken Portofino contains many nutrients. It is rich in vitamin B6, calcium, and selenium. Chicken Portofino also contains high protein, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc.
Chicken Portofino has a low level of cholesterol, sodium, and saturated fat. This great recipe might help prevent colon cancer, so you can cook this recipe regularly. It will improve your heart condition. So you must include it in your daily meal!
So I am sure that after reading all these facts you all want to eat this dish immediately. If so, then go and make it right now!
Best 2 Ways to Freeze Chicken Portofino
Since you’ve already decided to cook Chicken Portofino, why don’t you think to freeze it? It can be done in 5 different ways. Read below:
1. Freeze It Whole
If you are cooking for the whole week, feel free to prepare this recipe at one time and freeze it whole. Just wrap your cooked and assembled Chicken Portofino with plastic wrap and then foil or place it into a ziptop bag.
It can go straight from the freezer to the oven. Just remove the wrapping, replace it with fresh parchment paper and cook as directed above.
2. Freeze It As Individual Servings
If you don’t need to use all of the recipes, you can also freeze the cooked Portofino. But don’t assemble it. Just put chicken breasts, salt, and pepper onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place chicken in the freezer for about an hour until it’s firm but not frozen solid.
Then move it into a ziptop bag or container and remove any excess air. Freeze it for up to 3 months. Defrost the chicken in the refrigerator overnight before using. When you’re ready to eat, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place chicken on it.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove toothpicks if used and assemble them before serving.
The Bottom Line
Now it’s your turn to make this great recipe. Hope you all enjoy cooking Chicken Portofino. If you like this article, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family! Thank You..!!
The health benefits of chicken Portofino are endless. It can help lower cholesterol levels, improve bone health, provide protein for your muscles, boost your metabolism, and more.