Chicken Sukka Recipe is a spicy and flavourful dish that is likely to be an entirely new addiction for chicken lovers. It’s a recipe from Uttradu, a part of Andhra Pradesh in India.
But once you’ve tried it, you’re likely to crave it often, and it will become a staple in your family like Cauliflower Pulao.
It is cooked with a mixture of onions, ginger garlic paste, crushed red chili flakes, coriander powder, cardamom pods, cumin seeds, and coriander leaves.
How To Make Chicken Sukka Recipe?
- 2-4 chicken pieces
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2-4 green chilies
- 5-6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- salt to taste
Step 1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add cumin seeds, whole black peppercorns, and carom seeds. Fry for a minute till their aroma wafts out. Add onions, ginger-garlic paste, and green chilies. Saute till the onions are golden brown.
Step 2. Add chicken pieces to it and cook on high flame till the chicken changes color to light brown on each side.
Step 3. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, crushed black pepper, and salt.
Step 4. Mix well and cover the pan tightly with a lid. Cook with the lid on for 20 minutes or more till tender.
Step 5. Open up the pan and mix well after 10 minutes of cooking, so the chicken is cooked well through but not dry. If the dish is getting dry, add some water to make it moist again if desired.
Step 6. Serve hot with rice or vegetables of your choice.
Nutrition Facts of Chicken Sukka Recipe
|Calorie content||271.9 kcal|
10 Attractive Serving Ideas of Chicken Sukka Recipe
1. Chicken Sukka with Rice
Serve chicken Sukka with boiled rice or cook the chicken to order. Before serving, add some ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and cumin seeds. Mix well and serve with boiled rice.
2. Chicken Sukka Recipe with Pulao
Along with boiled or steamed rice, add some ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and cumin seeds to this dish before serving.
3. Chicken Sukka with Paratha
If desired, add some ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and cumin seeds to this dish before serving with chapati or paratha.
4. Chicken Sukka Recipe served with dosa
Serve chicken Sukka along with one dosa for breakfast or dinner for a filling meal that is healthy and tasty at the same time.
5. Chicken Sukka served with Sagu
Adding some ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and cumin seeds to this recipe before serving makes it delicious and healthy when done along with sagu (papad). It is a great evening snack too!
6. Chicken Sukka with Chapati
Serve this spicy and healthy food along with chapatis (Indian bread) for a hearty and filling meal at the same time. You can even include some chopped onions, green chilies, and cumin seeds too to taste the dish as you eat.
7. Chicken Sukka served with Plain Paratha
Add some ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and cumin seeds to this recipe before doing it, along with plain paratha or roti. For a more filling meal, add some chopped onions in it.
8. Chicken Sukka with Poha
Serve this dish and pour (Kasuri methi dried flakes mixed in boiled rice and served as a morning or evening snack) for a healthy and tasty snack.
9. Chicken Sukka with Ragi Idli
Try to make ragi idli (Indian Semolina Flour & Rice Flour Idli) for a variation in this dish if you have time. This will turn it into a complete meal by adding some vegetables that are more filling and aromatic. Ragi is more nutritious than normal rice as well.
So, it would help if you incorporated this too further along with the wheat flour idli.
10. Chicken Sukka with Biryani
For a complete meal, serve this spicy food along with biryani. This can make one feel like they are having chicken biriyani but at no time.
You can prepare a chicken Sukka dish and the biryani and eat it after cooking it. You will be surprised how well it tastes when prepared this way.
Some Health Benefits of Chicken Sukka Recipe
1. It is a very healthy food because it comprises low fat and high protein-high fiber.
2. Chicken Sukka Recipe provides many health benefits such as antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, and there are no unhealthy additives.
3. Chicken Sukka is a very hygienic food. It has almost no risk of illness or toxin contamination and can be easily stored without worrying about germs contaminating it.
4. Chicken Sukka is a dish with a high degree of satiety owing to its ability to make you feel full without any unhealthy additives, ingredients, or preservatives.
5. Chicken Sukka can help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels and makes you feel light on the stomach throughout the day.
6. Chicken Sukka is a good source of vitamin B to fight against infections and certain infectious diseases.
Have Any Side Effects To Eat Chicken Sukka Recipe?
As long as you make this dish with healthy ingredients and follow the ingredients, cooking process, and the nutrients of the word are intact; it will not have any side effects.
However, there can be cases when you prepare Chicken Sukka with unhealthy ingredients that might ill affect your body.
1. Pregnant women should avoid eating spicy foods like this because their tummy is already very sensitive due to the hormones circulating in their bodies.
So, avoid this dish if you are pregnant or plan to conceive soon.
2. As it is a spicy dish, you should avoid consuming it before sleeping as it can be a nightmare for some people with high blood pressure and heart ailments.
3. People with ulcers in the stomach or gastrointestinal diseases like gastritis should avoid the Chicken Sukka recipe as it has some spices that can make these problems even worse for them.
Chicken Sukka is a great dish for winter evenings or other days when it is cold outside. You can easily make this dish at home, and as long as you follow the recipe and introduce some mayonnaise or ghee to the plate to make it a little healthier, you will be proud of your cooking.