Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner is easy to make dinner that will have your family asking for seconds.
You can also freeze it for busy days or use less or more of the items in the list if you’re trying to watch your weight.
How To Make Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner?
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup diced onion (you can also use a chopped onion)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 cloves)
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
Step 1: Pour your chicken broth into a deep skillet or saucepan and place over medium heat.
Step 2: Heat the chicken while it is seasoning. You want the broth to simmer, not boil.
Step 4: Add your tomatoes and onion to the broth and chicken mixture. Cook over medium-low heat while constantly stirring with a whisk (add a little water if it needs to get thicker).
Step 5: When your mixture looks like it’s thickened, add your seasoning blend. You can also add salt to taste.
Step 6: Mix in your chicken and serve over rice or with tortillas once it’s thickened.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
5 Interesting Serving Ideas of Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner
1. Chicken Tortilla Dump with Potato Salad
Preparing a tortilla is not that difficult. You can get the tortilla ready by heating it and then dumping everything on it. It’s a perfect idea to make your tortillas at home. If you want to cook potato salad, it adds up some more calories and can turn this meal into one of your fat-burning meals (potato has a lot of nutrients).
If you are crazy about potatoes, feel free to tweak the serving size of this recipe to fit your calorie needs.
2. Chicken Tortilla Dump with Mexican Cabbage
If you are trying to lose weight, this one is also a perfect choice since it contains many calories and some extra chicken. You can make it by cooking the cabbage, which is simple. After that, put the ingredients on top of it, and you’re good to go. Check out the video below for an idea of cooking the cabbage.
3. Chicken Tortilla Dump with Rice
This one is also quite delicious, but you might want to use lower-calorie rice since it requires rice. It’s also easy to make.
4. Chicken Tortilla Dump with Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are a good source of carbs that burn calories fast. You can also add cooked broccoli and green peppers on top of this meal if you want some extra vegetables. Here’s a video tutorial on how to cook sweet potatoes and broccoli
5. Chicken Tortilla Dump with Zucchini Boats
Zucchinis are also one of the best vegetables to eat for weight loss. They are low-calorie, loaded with nutrients, and taste pretty delicious once you marinate them. This recipe is different because it doesn’t need additional ingredients besides the chicken and tortillas.
You can make the zucchinis julienne or slice them into little boats if you’d like that to be more appetizing.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner?
1. It can help curb your appetite and make you stay full for longer.
2. Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner is also very easy to prepare, which means it will be a quick and easy meal to prepare as well. It’s also calorie-dense, which means you can control the intake of calories by adding less or more ingredients per serving.
3. The meal also contains fiber, which makes it easier to digest and reduces the feeling of hunger by slowing the digestion of food.
4. In addition to reducing your fat levels in the body, vegetables and low-calorie carbs like rice also contain antioxidants that help promote weight loss.
How Long To Cook Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner?
This one is really quick and easy to prepare. You’ll probably spend only about 10 minutes of your time making this for your family.
How To Store Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner?
You can make a big batch of this, store it in the freezer and reheat it before serving. Just put the frozen meals into the microwave for about 3 minutes or until hot and serve with rice, tortillas, or any other sides you’d like.
Can Kids Eat It?
This one is great for children since it contains many calories and they can also eat their vegetables with this meal. Just make sure you add enough seasoning to keep kids interested in eating.
Chicken Tortilla Dump Dinner is a great choice for your fat-burning meals. Just remember that it’s not the ultimate solution, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. You’ll also want to include protein shakes and some exercise in your daily routine to help burn off fat faster.
Now, if you are a busy person who doesn’t have a lot of time on your hands, this is exactly the kind of meal you should cook for yourself and your family.