Crockin Girls Chicken and Dumplings is a recipe that I have been making for years. It’s one of my favorite comfort foods, and it’s also quick and easy to make. I hope you enjoy trying this recipe as much as I do!
If you are looking for a comforting dish to make this winter, try out my Crockin Girls Chicken And Dumplings recipe. This recipe is simple and delicious!
The best part about it is that the dumplings can be made ahead of time so they are ready when your chicken is done cooking. You’ll love how creamy these dumplings are!
Crockin Girls Chicken and Dumplings is a favorite dish for many people in the South. It’s perfect for those cold winter nights, especially when you’re craving something warm and hearty to eat.
How To Make Crockin Girls Chicken and Dumplings?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen dumplings
Making this dish has never been easier. All you have to do is boil 3 chicken breasts, combine them with seasonings like salt, pepper, and parsley, and throw in the frozen peas. Then let it simmer for about an hour.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. In a bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Pour over the chicken breasts.
4. Top with frozen dumplings.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with a side of green beans or corn.
Nutrition Facts Of Crockin Girls Chicken And Dumplings
Servings: 8 -12 Serving size is 1 cup
10 Health Benefits Of Crockin Girls Chicken And Dumplings
1. It’s a great source of protein.
2. The dumplings are made from whole grain biscuits and contain healthy fibers, which can help lower cholesterol levels and provide a feeling of fullness.
3. Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein and contains many essential nutrients like Vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, choline, niacin, Vitamins A and K etc..
4. Vitamin A is necessary for night vision because it is required to make the light sensitive chemical retinal that sense light in the eye cone cells (Rhodopsin). They also support growth, cell reproduction (DNA synthesis), and strong bones by converting beta carotene into Vitamin A.
5. Vitamin B12 helps the nervous system to function and prevents myelin sheath damage. It also prevents damage to DNA, which causes cancer.
6. Vitamin C helps in healthy skin, gums and teeth, can strengthen your immune system and works as an antioxidant.
7. Vitamin K is also necessary for blood clotting and is known as Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone). Without this vitamin your blood will not clot properly. Vitamin K can also be found in leafy green vegetables, soybeans, many types of mushrooms and liver.
8. Vitamin E from vegetable oils makes foods more nutritious by adding a layer of protection to them (antioxidants). It is also needed for a well functioning immune system, healthy cell growth and development, muscles and cartilage formation, DNA synthesis and health of organs like heart, pancreas etc..
9. Selenium is an element that you need in very small amounts since it’s not found in nature at all. Since it can be toxic in high amounts, we need to get it from the food we eat. It is part of our antioxidant defense system and helps in anti-cancer process.
10. Potassium helps to lower blood pressure, hold sodium and water in the body cells and maintain blood pressure by regulating blood volume and electrolyte balance.
Can I Freeze Crockin Girls Chicken And Dumplings?
Yes, you can freeze this dish without any trouble. Since the entire dish is cooked in one pot, it’ll be easy to cook once frozen. You’ll just have to let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in a pan on low setting.
The Bottom Line
Crockin Girls Chicken And Dumplings is a go-to recipe because it’s easy to make, savory, and comforting. With only 4 ingredients (chicken broth, peas, carrots, and dumplings), you can make this meal with minimal fuss.
This recipe also uses fresh vegetables like carrots and frozen peas which will help you save some money on your grocery bill. Making this dish has never been easier.
I hope you enjoyed this writings. If you have any question about this recipe, please leave a comment below. I’ll be happy to answer them for you 🙂