Grilled chicken on the barbie that’s got to be the most iconic meal in Australia. It’s what people think of when you say “Australian barbecue”.
What is also interesting, but not talked about much here, are some other methods of cooking meat on an open flame.
One of those is the tandoori oven which originates from the Indian subcontinent. It’s a clay oven similar to a barbecue, but it operates at a much higher temperature and the meat cooks quickly.
This cooking technique was introduced to Australia by Indian migrants who brought this cooking style with them when they came from the late 19th century. But, as you might expect from migrant populations, these were mostly men.
In the 1970s and 1980s, we started to see a change in demographics and migration patterns, which saw an increase in the number of Indian women migrating to Australia.
The 2010 census showed that there were just over 45 000 residents born in India. The majority (more than 51%) were living in New South Wales, but as you can see from the map below, it was a pretty even spread across the country.
Now, one would assume that with such a large amount of Indian women arriving in Australia, we would start to see some tandoori ovens pop up around the suburbs.
But, this wasn’t always the case. There were still limited cooking styles available, resulting in many Indian women modifying their traditional cooking methods to work with the equipment available.
How To Prepare Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe
You can prepare Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe at home easily. Below are the steps to follow
Ingredients for Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe
- Garlic cloves chopped finely + 1 tsp oil needed
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup required
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- Garlic Paste (Pound together one part each of fresh ginger and garlic)
- Salt needed
- Turmeric Powder (Household) 1 tsp needed
- 3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder (Household)
- Coriander – 2 tbsp (Pound together one part each of fresh coriander seed and leaves)
- Fennel Seeds (Saunf) – 1/2 tsp needed
- Cumin Seeds (Zeera) – 1/2 tsp needed
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- Oil needed
Method To Prepare Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe
1. Marination of Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe is done with the ingredients needed to be mentioned above.
2. Now, fry ginger garlic paste in oil, add marinated chicken, and stir fry on medium heat until cooked.
3. Now, heat oil and all masala mentioned above for Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe in a separate pan.
4. Add fried marinated chicken to this masala and stir fry further for 10 minutes or until it turns reddish-brown.
5. Serve Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe with Naan or Chapati.
1. You can use coriander powder instead of coriander seed and leaves.
2. This is a very spicy recipe, so adjust the spice level accordingly by reducing the red chili powder quantity to 1 tbsp, or it can be increased by adding more and can serve with steamed rice.
3. For marinating, you can replace yogurt with 1 cup curd and a pinch of turmeric powder.
4. Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator for best results. All spices mix well and taste delicious after cooking them in the tandoori oven.
5. You can use this masala or Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe to prepare Kebabs, Seekh Kabab, Tandoori Chicken, etc.
6. Cook very carefully as tandoors are very hot and dangerous, so be careful while opening it after cooking time is over.
Nutrition Fact Of Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe
100 grams of Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe
- contains 40
- 0.9 grams of fat.
- It also contains 4 grams of carbohydrates,
- 2 grams dietary fiber,
- 1 gram sugar and
- 7 grams protein.
It is rich in Vitamin B6 and vitamin A but very low in Cholesterol and Sodium in 100 grams serving size.
Grilled chicken on the barbie Help In Weight Loss?
It is a low-calorie food and contains high protein content. So, it will help to reduce your weight as well as provide very good nutrition.
It is a very good source of protein and contains low amounts of fat and carbohydrates.
9 Best Benefits Of Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe
This Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe contains Vitamin A and Vitamin B6 essential for the human body and provides many health benefits like maintaining healthy skin, hair, etc.
Vitamin A is also essential for eyesight and the prevention of night blindness.
1. Good For Heart Health
Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe is low in sodium and high in potassium, making it a very healthy food choice for your heart health and reducing the risk of having hypertension, heart stroke, etc.
2. Brain Health
Grilled chicken in the barbie Recipe contains phosphorus and vitamin B6, which are good for brain health.
Vitamin B6 provides energy to your brain cells, and it takes part in more than 100 chemical reactions, including protein metabolism, manufacture of red blood cells, etc.
3. Eye Health
Grilled chicken in the barbie Recipe is a good source of Vitamin A and carotenoids, which prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
4. Help To Fight Free Radicals
Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe contains selenium necessary for the human body as it produces antioxidant enzymes to fight free radicals responsible for aging, cancer formation, etc.
5. Energy Production
Grilled chicken in the barbie Recipe contains copper necessary for energy production as it takes part in iron absorption and red blood cell formation. Copper deficiency leads to anemia, fatigue, and bone problems.
6. Maintain Bone Health
Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe is a very good source of Vitamin D, which helps maintain bone health.
7. Reduce The Risk Of Birth Defects
Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe contains choline and folic acid that reduces the risk of congenital disabilities like spina bifida etc.
8. Improve Immunity
Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe contains Vitamin B12 and Zinc, improving immunity and fighting infections to keep your body healthy.
9. Aid In Digestion
This Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe is a good source of Dietary Fiber and potassium that helps in proper digestion and keeps your stomach full for longer periods.
It also helps to keep your gut healthy and prevent constipation as well as hemorrhoids.
The Bottom Line
This Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe is one of the best remedies for weight loss and improving your overall health. This Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe can help you to maintain your digestive system healthy as well.
This Grilled chicken on the barbie Recipe is low in sodium and rich in potassium so, it will keep your heart healthy. I hope you enjoyed the article.
Please Like, Share, and Subscribe for more articles. I am waiting for your comments. Thank You For Reading this Article.