Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe is a new way to make a delicious meal. The dish is easy and can be prepared in less than an hour.
Pecan encrusting provides a sweet and spicy southwest flavor, while bread crumbs provide the crunchy crust to balance the soft chicken and creamy sauce. Serve with a side of rice for a healthy meal that even picky eaters will love!
Pecans are rich in antioxidants, protein, fiber, and unsaturated fats — all essential nutrients to your diet. This chicken recipe will not only make your mouth water but will give you the energy to get through the day!
This dish is best served with a side of brown rice or garlic mashed potatoes and a salad. It will also provide complete protein and help fill you up until dinner to avoid snacking during the workday.
It is also a good choice if you are dieting because it is low in fat and sugar.
How to make a Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe ingredients
- ¾ cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk, warmed
Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe instructions
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
2. Place the bread crumbs in a small bowl; add the pecans, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and lemon juice. Toss well to combine. Set aside.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on top of the bread crumbs on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Drizzle ¼ teaspoon of the melted butter over each piece. Dredge the chicken to coat, pressing in, so the bread crumbs stick to the chicken.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, turning once and basting the remaining melted butter mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk during cooking time.
6. In a small bowl, stir together flour and remaining milk; add ½ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper until well combined; set aside.
7. Remove chicken from the baking sheet and cover with foil to keep warm.
8. In a large bowl, stir together the chives, paprika, and cayenne pepper; make sure to mix well. Add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper and stir until combined.
9. Add the flour mixture once more and mix until smooth.
10. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter; melt completely. Pour the pecan-crusted chicken into the skillet; cover for about 2 minutes until heated.
11. Plate the chicken and cover it with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Fresh pecan crusted chicken recipe
- Calories: 596
- Total fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 161mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 58g
- Sodium: 707mg
Best 7 Health Benefits of Fresh pecan crusted chicken recipe
Here are 7 health benefits of preparing a Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe with the ingredient list above:
Pecans are rich in antioxidants, essential to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Pecans also contain Vitamin A, which is important for your vision and skin. This Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe will give you the necessary vitamins and minerals to support a healthy diet.
2. Low in fat
Compared to other nuts, pecans are low in fat. This key fact allows you to enjoy a low-fat meal without giving up delicious flavor.
The chicken breast is tightly wrapped in breadcrumbs and butter, which contains fat, so if you choose to remove it, only remove what you don’t need.
3. Low carb
Pecans are a good source of dietary fiber, which will help stabilize your blood sugar levels while eating a diet low in carbohydrates. Again, this dish is extremely low in spelled carbohydrates and high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
The chicken (the main part of this dish) is an excellent source of protein, which will help build and repair your muscles. Enjoy this pecan-crusted chicken recipe as a healthy meal while you work out to get fit and stay in shape.
The chicken, combined with the pecans, bread crumbs, and lemon juice, are all ingredients that are extremely hearty yet low in fat, sodium, and carbohydrates. This dish is healthy without sacrificing flavor!
6. Calcium and Vitamin D
Pecans are a good calcium source, essential for building and maintaining strong bones. In addition, they contain Vitamin D, which is essential to your heart and bone health. Skip the orange juice in favor of a handful of pecans to get your daily dose of these two nutrients!
7. Good Cholesterol
Pecans contain polyunsaturated fats — an important component to lowering your LDL (or bad) cholesterol level when you exercise daily. While this dish is low in fat, it still contains healthy fats to lower your cholesterol.
This dish is a top choice for those looking for a healthy meal that tastes great! It will not only give your tummy full of satisfaction but also give you the energy you need to get through the day.
This article helps you make this delicious Hello Fresh Pecan-Crusted Chicken Recipe. You can make variations of it by adding more spices and ingredients, such as freshly chopped garlic, onion, and other herbs.
The best thing about this dish is that you can easily substitute certain ingredients for others that you may have in your kitchen.