How to keep fried chicken crispy? Who doesn’t love to eat crispy fried chicken? It’s a common food that many people love to eat not only in Indonesia but also worldwide.
The fried chicken is often served with ketchup or any other dip sauce. Especially if it has a very crispy skin and the inside of the meat is still tender and juicy.
If you have ever tried to make this fried dish at home, you probably also know that it’s not easy to make the fried chicken keep its crispy skin.
You can try a few techniques, such as adding some carbonated water into the batter before dipping your chicken meat in it. This technique is very common and still used by many people until now. But did you know there is another technique even simpler than this?
How to keep fried chicken crispy?
You don’t have to fry your chicken again if the skin is no longer crispy to make it more interesting. You can also follow these simple steps below:
1. Get some dry ice and crush them into powdered form.
2. Put the crushed dry ice in a large bowl and add water until it covers all the dry ice.
3. Add the chicken meat into this dry ice powder water mixture and leave it there for 10 minutes or so.
4. Get your dried fried chicken out, serve it with the dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!
I’m not sure about other animal protein types, but I have heard that you can also do the same method for fish!
Please follow the instruction carefully to avoid any accidents. I hope it helps 😀
How to Prepare fried chicken crispy?
You can make Crispy Fried chick at home. It is very easy, but there are some tips to make your fried chicken crispy.
Ingredients For Crispy Fried Chicken:
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (freshly ground white, black and cayenne pepper blend is fine too)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- About 2 – 2 1/2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken pieces cut in half, preferably thigh and drumstick in even sizes
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
Instructions Fry The Chicken Crispy:
1. Whisk the egg with 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in the salt and pepper.
2. Put 1 1/2 cups of the flour in a medium-sized bowl or large paper bag, add the chicken pieces one at a time and coat them well with flour on both sides, shaking off any excess. Add more oil to the egg mixture if it looks dry before coating all the chicken pieces – there should be a thin film of oil all over the chicken pieces and in the bowl or bag.
3. Heat about 2-inches of oil in a large, heavy skillet (cast iron is perfect) over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Fry the pieces, skin side down first.
5. Do not crowd them, in batches if necessary, until they are beautifully browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
6. Transfer the crisp chicken pieces to a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet and let them drain while you fry the rest of the pieces.
You can make this crispy fried chicken with your favourite sauce. I recommend BBQ sauce.
I hope you enjoy it.
How do you keep chicken crispy for hours?
As I said, you can prepare your fried chicken crispy by following the tips above. But if you want to make it last long, how do you keep it crispy for hours?
Well, there are still some other simple techniques for this case. You can try to set the cooked chicken pieces in an oven heated at 300°F until it turns crispy again.
If you have a microwave at home, you can also do the same thing – just a few minutes in a small amount of water will help make your chicken pieces crispy again!
Or, if you are planning to carry your fried chicken with you somewhere for more than an hour, keep it in an airtight container so it will not lose its crispiness as time passes.
How long does fried chicken stay crispy?
Frying the chicken crispy is one of the best techniques for making it more delicious. But what if I want to make my fried chicken stays crisp all day long?
It’s very simple – you can cook your fried chicken crispy and then keep it in an oven heated at 300°F until it turns crispy again!
The Bottom Line
When it comes to crispy fried chicken, there’s a lot of misinformation out there. For example, some people think you have to use lard or butter for the fat content to be high enough so that the crust is crunchy and flavorful.
This couldn’t be further from the truth–the key to keeping your fried chicken crisp doesn’t rely on how much butter or bacon grease you’re using but rather what type of pan you fry it in! In fact, frying food in a cast-iron skillet can actually help keep things crispy.
Because this material has an even heating surface that distributes heat evenly around the food being cooked. So when cooking up fried chicken next time, remember that seasoning makes all the difference with achieving flavour. Still, also it’s the type of pan you use that will keep your fried chicken crispy for hours to come.