Irish Pub Chicken Curry is an English dish that has been adapted to Irish tastes. It’s not what you might expect if you thought of Indian curry in the traditional sense, but it is nonetheless delicious.
Dublin Coddle (sometimes called Irish Stew) is one of Ireland’s most famous dishes and is another favourite comfort food for many people in Ireland.
Irish pubs serve a wide range of food, from bar snacks like peanuts and crisps to full 3-course meals including appetizers, main courses and desserts.
Pub Food Terms:
Many traditional Irish pubs serve a particular kind of dish, often referred to as ‘pub grub’. The term ‘pub grub’ is used to describe hot savoury dishes usually served in traditional Irish pubs.
Pub grub does not refer to ‘fast food’. Traditional pub grub is homemade and can be quite healthy depending on how it’s prepared. It’s also inexpensive, filling and delicious!
How To Prepare Irish Pub Chicken Curry?
It is very easy to prepare this Irish Pub Chicken Curry. First of all, take a medium-sized bowl and add coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, and garam masala into it. Mix the ingredients well and keep them aside.
Ingredients For Irish Pub Chicken Curry:
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste) Dash pepper
- 1 – 10 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup (Campbell’s Healthy Request is good.)
- 1 c. light beer (or 1 c. chicken stock)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into chunks, or tenders (fresh or frozen)
- 3 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 3/4 c. green peas (frozen)
Direction To Prepare Irish Pub Chicken Curry
1. Cream the onion, butter or margarine and flour together in a frying pan over low heat until smooth and bubbling.
2. Add the chicken curry powder, salt, pepper and cream of chicken soup; stir to combine; then add beer (or chicken stock).
3. Lightly salt the chicken and place it in a large pot with carrots, potatoes and garbanzo beans; add beer (chicken stock) mixture to the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add lemon juice. Simmer another 10 minutes.
4. Add green peas at the end and simmer for 2 minutes more. Serve with Irish brown bread or soda bread. Enjoy!
Irish Pub Chicken Curry is now ready to serve delicious and healthy Irish food with family and friends. Go ahead give it a try. I am sure everyone would love this yummy dish just like me.
Note: The measurements provided in the blog are approximate and not proportionate.
Would you please double-check all ingredients before cooking Irish Pub Chicken Curry? If you like this dish, kindly share it with your friends and dear ones to come it help them as well.
Nutrition Fact Of Irish Pub Chicken Curry
Irish Pub Chicken Curry is a very healthy dish because it contains total
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g,|
|Monounsaturated fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0 g.|
It is very helpful in improving eyesight as well as prevent against cancer. A small portion of this Irish Pub Chicken Curry is sufficient to provide the body with necessary nutrients.
This dish helps you to gain more energy and increase your intelligence level in your daily life. Also, it is very helpful in regaining lost energy after doing strenuous exercise.
So, do not wait any longer. Just go ahead and include Irish Pub Chicken Curry into your daily meal schedule.
Irish Pub Chicken Curry is Good for Weight Loss?
Yes, it is good for weight loss. It is very helpful in reducing extra body fat as well as improves the immunity system. It is very efficient in boosting the metabolism rate and provides the necessary energy to the body tissues.
Irish Pub Chicken Curry helps you to maintain healthy skin by fighting against harmful bacteria. The dish also helps you in regaining lost energy after doing strenuous exercise.
Irish Pub Chicken Curry is very helpful in improving eyesight as well as prevent against cancer. A small portion of this Irish Pub Chicken Curry is sufficient to provide the body with necessary nutrients.
So, dear friends, go ahead and include this healthy dish into your menu. Make sure you consult with your doctor before eating this dish.
The Bottom Line
I hope you enjoyed reading it. Please feel free to share any suggestions with us by leaving a comment below the post. Check out my other recipes on my blog.