Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken is one of my favorite dishes. But it is not very common at KFC restaurants. I was wondering how it tastes like, so I decided to make one for myself.
The recipe calls for chicken marinated with some spices and stuffed with cheese cubes. Of course, you can stuff any vegetables if cheese is not your taste.
I used ready-made chicken tikka as the main ingredient, which you can either buy from local stores or easily prepare at home.
How To Prepare Kentucky Fried Chicken Grilled Chicken?
- Chicken Tikka – 0.8 pounds (should be boneless)
- Cheese cubes – 8-10
- Basil leaves – 1 tbsp(chopped)
- Capsicum/Green bell pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste (it depends on chicken tikka you are using)
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Paprika powder/Smoked paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro leaves – for garnishing
- Olive oil(optional)
1. Grill the chicken tikka and cut it into half-inch cubes.
2. Cut capsicum/green bell pepper into 1 cm wide strips.
3. Now heat a pan with some olive oil(optional), add onions, chilli powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and fry for 1 min.
4. Add tomato,2-3 tbsp water, cover it for 2-3 min and make the puree.
5. Add the grilled chicken tikka, garam masala powder, smoked paprika/paprika powder and cook for another 5-7 min till everything blends well together.
6. Cut the cheese into cubes and add to the mixture and let it melt, and serve with some sesame seeds as garnishing(optional).
7. If you are not using grill the chicken tikka, fry it with onions, make a tomato puree, and follow all other steps from 2-6.
8. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
NOTE: If you are using ready-made tikka, the marination time of chicken is not included.
11 Amazing Health Benefit Of Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken
1. It is very low in fat and sodium.
2. This dish contains no carbs and sugar, helps you maintain your weight, and gives you low-fat food, which is required for a balanced diet.
3. It provides 40% of the protein needed for an adult’s daily requirement.
4. Chicken is known for its anti-cancer properties, and cheese is a source of calcium.
5. Capsicum is rich in vitamin C, which helps strengthen our immunity system.
6. Cheese contains Vitamin A, B12, D, and E, essential for daily living body functions.
7. Green bell pepper provides all the necessary nutrients except Vitamin C.
8. It also gives you almost all the required minerals needed from a dish.
9. Most people sometimes opt for fried foods. Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken tastes great and is very low in calories. It provides a healthy meal that all sections of society can enjoy without worrying about their weight issues.
10. This dish can be used as a diet or detox meal, it is an excellent substitute for oily fried foods, and if you are following a low carb diet, this dish will suit you the best.
11. It provides healthy saturated fats like monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. That help in reducing high cholesterol levels.
Nutrition Fact Of Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken
If you are a health-conscious person and worry about increasing cholesterol levels, this dish is a good choice for you as it contains very few sugars and saturated fats.
Also, if you follow a ketogenic diet, then the grilled chicken is the perfect meal for you which will help in weight loss and control insulin resistance.
Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken is the best way to get rid of a cough and cold. It provides great relief from cold and congestion in the chest.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that helps in fighting against bacterial infections. Due to the presence of all these ingredients, Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken is very much liked by people on diet restrictions due to health issues.
Calories Of Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken
This dish is very low in calories. If you want to know how much it can be, then here are the calorie details.
If you take 100 grams of boiled green bell pepper, then there are 15 calories present. On the other hand, for one cup of green bell pepper, the amount is 40, which means 260 calories are present in one cup.
If you take 100 grams of cheese, then the amount is 436. For 1 ounce, it is 28.3, which means 1088 calories are present in 1 ounce.
Fat of Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken
There is very little amount of fat present in this dish. If you take 100 grams of boiled green bell pepper, there are 0.5 grams of fat present. For 1 cup, the amount is 3, which means 15 grams of fat.
On the other hand, for one ounce, it is 2.3, which means 18.1 grams of fat present in 1 ounce.
If you take 100 grams of cheese, the amount is 10.1, meaning 54.3 grams of fat are present in one cup. For 1 ounce, it is 7, which means 28.4 grams of fat are present in 1 ounce.
Carbs Of Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken
100 grams of boiled green bell pepper has 1.2 grams of carbs present. For one cup, the amount is 6, which means 60 grams of carbs.
On the other hand, 100 grams of cheese contains 5.1 grams of carbs which means 52.2 grams are present in one cup, and for one ounce, it is 3.4, which means 32.8 grams are present in 1 ounce.
Protein Of Kentucky fried chicken grilled chicken
If you take 100 grams of boiled green bell pepper, the amount is 0.8 grams. For one cup, it is 4.8, which means 48 grams of protein are present.
On the other hand, for one ounce, it is 2.7, which means 28 grams of protein are present in one ounce.
If you take 100 grams of cheese, the amount is 24.5 grams which means 247 grams of protein are present in one cup. For 1 ounce, it is 18.9, which means 191 grams of protein are present in one ounce.
The Bottom Line
Kentucky fried chicken grilled is very healthy and contains fewer carbs, proteins, and fats, which help provide a good cholesterol level. So, do not miss out on this amazing dish by Kentucky Fried Chicken and enjoy it to the fullest.