la madeleine chicken recipe is a delicious, satisfying dish with rich flavors. It’s reminiscent of many much more complicated dishes, but it’s much easier to make, and its flavors are much more accessible.
This dish is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner when you need to get food on the table quickly. All it needs is a simple salad and some bread to finish it off, so you can be eating this creamy chicken dish in only 30 minutes.
This dish is also perfect for entertaining guests. It’s elegant but easy and impressive. This is also a nice dish for a more formal dinner party, as it does look and taste like something out of the gourmet cooking magazines.
How To Make La Madeleine Chicken Recipe?
La madeleine chicken recipe is so good; you’ll make it over and over again. It’s very similar to the sauce you’d use for chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.
But the quick sauteing of the garlic before you add in the chicken broth deepens that flavor and gives you lots of lovely little bits of garlic throughout every bite.
The chicken is juicy, tender and the sauce is rich and creamy without being too heavy. It’s well worth the labor to make it yourself, but if you’d rather buy it, check out this recipe for la madeleine chicken.
- 3 (6-oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut horizontally to make 4 pieces.
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt.
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper.
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil, divided.
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic.
- 6 oz can chicken broth (low sodium)2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour, divided use.
- 1/3 cup white wine (or dry white wine) (I used pinot grigio, which worked well).
- 2 Tbsp. Capers are rinsed and drained (use more if you desire strong flavor).
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten with 1Tbsp water for egg wash on the chicken breasts.
Amazing 9 Ways To Prepare
1. Place the chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper and pound them with a meat mallet until they are even and about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tsp. Olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp flour to the pan, stir until you have a light roux, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more, or until garlic is golden brown (do not burn). Add the chicken broth, wine, and capers, bring to a boil.
4. Add the beaten egg yolks and reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Pour sauce over chicken breasts and cook until done, approximately 15 minutes covered on the stove or depending on your oven settings.
5. Uncover and cook until done, approximately 5-7 minutes more, depending on how hot your oven is (check with tongs to ensure that the chicken isn’t burning).
6. Remove the chicken breasts from the saute pan, cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
7. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp flour to the sauce in the pan, stir until smooth and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and add cream (1/2-1 cup), constantly stirring until it thickens, approximately 3 minutes. Return to stove over medium heat or medium-low for 2 more minutes or until heated through.
9. Serve with the chicken breasts and enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of La Madeleine Chicken Recipe
Servings 6 | Serving size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories 569 |
- Fat 34g
- Total Carbohydrates 12g
- Protein 23g
- Cholesterol 192mg
- Sodium 877mg
Is This Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yep, this recipe is gluten-free.
Can I Freeze La Madeleine Chicken Recipe?
Yes, freeze it in airtight containers or freezer bags.
Can I Make La Madeleine Chicken Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make the sauce up to the point where you add the beaten egg yolks and then store them in ice cube trays in the freezer. Add steps 5 and 6 when you’re ready to serve it.
Can I Use More Ingredients?
Sure, use whatever ingredients you’d like. Some variations for this dish include replacing the capers with cornichons or adding Dijon mustard to the sauce (which is delicious on its own or served in a dish alongside the chicken). You can even put the sauce over noodles, and it’s a great leftover.
How Long Do You Cook The Chicken?
I used a combination of microwaving and baking to finish off this recipe. I like the way it cooks in steps as it gives me options if I don’t have time to put in the full 15 minutes at one stage or the other.
Each stage gives you a good enough product for your needs either way. The final result is just up to your personal preference.
I hope you enjoy this easy dish like I do. The flavors will blow you away, and this chicken is especially good for a special holiday meal, although it’s delicious any time of year.
La madeleine chicken recipe is one of the best recipes I’ve ever tried in my life. And I think you’ll love it too. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them! Thank you for reading this article.