Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken is one of the famous restos in Iligan City. The place is located in the busy part of the city, very visible with its gigantic signage along Rizal Avenue.
The premise looked well maintained and quite spacious. Upon entering the establishment, you’ll be greeted by a well-lighted dining area that may fit up to 100 guests or more.
The interior also looked good, with the wood accent on the furniture and the ceiling.
Their sizzling platter was served first. It was steaming hot, fresh from the grill!
How To Prepare Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken?
If you want to prepare Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken in your home, here’s how to do it:
- 1/2 kilogram chicken thighs or 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pcs.
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Trim excess fat of the chicken pieces. Mix all spices.
3. Prepare an oven pan or casserole dish. Place chicken pieces in a pan or casserole dish and season with the spices.
4. Pour butter over the seasoned chicken. Cover tightly to retain moisture. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
5. Remove from oven and serve with rice or slice into smaller pieces and serve as pulutan.
I found it quite tasty, although I think the chicken could be marinated longer for more flavors to seep through. The meat was also well cooked, tender, and succulent!
For me, though, I preferred their boneless chicken over the bone version. It’s very easy to eat, especially if you’re eating with wooden utensils. The meat was moist and well seasoned, very delicious! I think boneless chicken is a better choice for stir-fried dishes.
I also liked their roast chicken. It’s well seasoned and tasty. It’s good with rice or even in a sandwich!
Nutrition Fact Of Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken
1. One serving of Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken contains 220 calories.
2. It has no Carbs, Cholesterol, and Sugar content.
3. It has 40mg Potassium (1% RDA)
4. It has 3g Protein (6% RDA).
5. Iron (8% RDA)
6. Zinc (5% RDA).
7. Phosphorus (4% RDA)
8. Vitamin A (3% RDA), Niacin (2% RDA).
9. Thiamin (2%).
10. Riboflavin, Folate, Pantothenic Acid (1% RDA)
11. Phylloquinone (50mg), Vitamin B12 (5%), Vitamin D (3%)
12. Calcium, Potassium, Copper, Selenium (<1% RDA), Sodium (<1%).
Health Benefit Of Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken
1. It helps you lower your risk of heart disease.
2. A good source of protein, which is important for muscle growth and repair
3. It has a lot of Vitamin B6, a vitamin that helps with the proper functioning of the immune system and nervous system
4. Good for bones – zinc prevents bone loss and boosts bone health, calcium is good for bones and teeth, copper helps form collagen, selenium helps maintain healthy skin.
5. Good source of phosphorus, which is needed to make ATP (the main energy-carrying molecule inside cells)
6. Zinc also boosts immune function, enhances senses of smell and taste, promotes wound healing, prevents infections
7. It helps promote fertility.
8. Zinc also boosts the activity of white blood cells, which are an important part of our immune system.
9. It is good for pregnant women since it helps make DNA and RNA (needed by developing babies). It’s good for breastfeeding moms as it helps the development of a baby’s nervous system.
I recommend the boneless chicken over their bone version. It was tender and well seasoned. I can’t wait to try all their other dishes!
Why You Should Eat Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken
1. It’s flavorful!
2. The meat is tender, juicy and it melts in your mouth
3. The dish has a nice presentation
4. It’s healthier than most fast food options since they use olive oil – an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, which have been shown to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease
5. It’s a good source of protein, which is very important in a healthy diet
6. You can cook them in different ways – grill it or add to stir-fried dishes
7. It’s affordable and good for your health!
The boneless version is easier to eat, perfect for stir-fried dishes.
Tender and juicy meat, well seasoned! My favorite chicken from Logan’s!
Logan’s Wood Grilled Chicken is a must-try if you want to eat healthily but don’t compromise on taste. It has a mild flavor that can be enjoyed by almost anyone, especially those who are transitioning from fast food. The chicken is tender and well seasoned, the meat is juicy!
This place is perfect for gatherings with friends or barkada trips since you can grill your chicken at your preferred doneness! It’s affordable too – 220 Php per serving for boneless chicken and 240 per serving for bone in version.
What I also like about this place is their Dessert! I can’t be more excited to try their Ice Cream. It’s made with low-fat milk. Do expect a review soon on that one!
The Bottom Line
Give this place a try if you want to eat healthy without sacrificing taste. I recommend the boneless chicken, best paired with rice or even in a sandwich!
10/10 would come back here again – great food, affordable price, and perfect for barkada trips! Thank You For Reading My Blog! See You Again Soon!