This Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is perfect for the chilly winter days. It can be served right away or frozen in containers to enjoy later. The ingredients are simple and easy to find, even with a busy schedule!
This soup has become one of my favorites because it’s hearty enough to fill you up but not too heavy on your stomach like some soups can feel after eating them. I hope you love this soup just as much as I do!
This is a hearty soup that will warm you up on the coldest of days. It has an amazing array of flavors, and it can be made with your favorite ingredients to make it even better!
This recipe also includes different options for serving this soup- either tortilla soup or chicken noodle soup. This recipe will work for you no matter what you are in the mood for!
How to Make Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 oz can dice green chilies, undrained)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Chopped avocado, tortilla strips, shredded cheese, and sour cream for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
3. If you are making the soup with egg noodles, follow these steps: Reduce heat to low; add chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. If you add uncooked egg noodles, add them now and cook according to package directions.
5. Garnish with avocado, tortilla strips, cheese & sour cream to serve (optional). Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Calories: 530,
- Fat: 22 g,
- Cholesterol: 95 mg,
- Sodium: 1440 mg,
- Carbohydrates: 36 g,
- Fiber: 6 g,
- Sugar: 9 g,
- Protein: 38 g
If you want to lower the fat and calories in this soup without sacrificing flavor, this recipe offers two options. You can either use 1% or skim milk instead of heavy cream.
This soup is also good with chicken thighs, but you should remove the skin first before cooking it to reduce fat content.
What is the nutritional value of chicken tortilla soup?
There are a lot of different variations of chicken tortilla soup, so it can be hard to give an accurate nutritional value.
However, most chicken tortilla soups will have around 430-540 calories, weighing 22-25 grams of fat. They will also usually have over 40 grams of protein and anywhere from 7-12 grams of fiber.
If you are making this soup with egg noodles instead of tortilla strips, there are about 820 calories per serving, 3 grams of saturated fat, 6 grams of dietary fiber, and 39 grams of protein. This soup is also a good vitamin A, C, and K source.
Top 10 Best health benefits of Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
1. Chicken tortilla soup is a good source of protein, which can help you maintain muscle mass and strength as you age.
2. The fiber in chicken tortilla soup can help regulate digestion and prevent constipation.
3. The chili peppers in chicken tortilla soup can help to boost your metabolism and promote weight loss.
4. Some peppers (such as jalapeno peppers) contain capsaicin, which can help to relieve pain and inflammation throughout your body.
5. The antioxidants in the tomatoes and peppers of chicken tortilla soup can help fight cancer-causing free radicals.
6. Chicken is a great source for tryptophan, which can help elevate your mood and decrease stress.
7. The onions in chicken tortilla soup contain chromium, improving insulin function and lowering blood sugar levels.
8. Chicken is used as a natural diuretic because it contains the amino acid arginine, which helps to increase urine production. This can be helpful if you are trying to reduce the bloat or water weight.
9. Chicken tortilla soup is great comfort food and can help to improve your mood on days when you are feeling down.
10. The sodium content of chicken tortilla soup can help regulate blood pressure levels.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a hearty and healthy soup to get your family through the winter, look no further than this Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe.
This recipe is full of flavor with just enough spice to make it hard not to eat more!
With only 8 ingredients and 30 minutes needed, we know you won’t be able to resist making this delicious dish.
Have any questions or comments about our recipe? Leave us a comment below!