Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe is a delicious, soul-satisfying dish you’ll want to make all year long.
This simple one-bowl meal will become a welcome addition to your family meals. Therefore, you should include chicken and dumplings recipes in the meal menu of your family.
It is quick, simple, and cheap to prepare. Most importantly, it is delicious! You can also make dumplings from easily available ingredients, even on a budget.
When using frozen chicken and dumplings, you can add any leftover veggies to extra nutrition. Also, it would help if you remembered that it has to be thawed completely before cooking.
How To Make A Patti Labelle Chicken And Dumplings Recipe?
Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe is easy to make and delicious. To make this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine, divided.
- 1 (4 1/2 to 5 pound) chicken, cut up for frying.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup diced onions (from 1 medium).
- 1 teaspoon celery seed.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (from 2 medium).
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional and divided.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional).
Amazing 6 Preparation Method
1. In a small heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine over medium heat. Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot butter or margarine. Add chopped onions and sauté to soften. Add celery seed and stir to coat the chicken. Remove from heat
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in browned chicken mixture and parsley (if desired).
Mix well until flour is incorporated into the chicken mixture. Add enough water to create a stiff dough. Knead the chicken and dumplings dough several times to form it into a ball or roll it out to become flat.
3. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat in a deep skillet. Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot butter or margarine in 2 batches.
Transfer the browned chicken pieces to a large bowl and add chopped carrots, onion, and celery salt if used. Mix well, being careful not to break up the pieces too much.
4. In a small bowl, add about 1/4 cup broth or water to the dough and knead it into the dough, if necessary. Gently knead the chicken and dumplings into a large ball (or flatten out on a piece of waxed paper).
Transfer dough to prepared pan, covered with plastic wrap (or lightly greased waxed paper). Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, melt the remaining butter or margarine over medium-high heat. Place browned chicken on the skillet and sauté until thoroughly heated, about 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with dumplings and gravy.
Nutrition Fact Of Patti Labelle Chicken And Dumplings Recipe
- Calories: 29%
- Fat: 8%
- Protein: 3%
- Carbohydrate: 68%
- Fiber: 1.5%
- Sodium: 156%
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes, it is. You can eat your favorite chicken and dumplings recipe any time of the day during pregnancy.
But, do not forget to check the sodium level first, as it may not be a great choice for you if you are suffering from hypertension.
Is It Suitable For Lactating Mothers?
Absolutely yes. You can cook chicken and dumplings to replenish your body with vitamins and minerals usually lost during breastfeeding.
The presence of many nutrients in the food will assist better production in your breast and help you create more milk.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Chicken and dumplings are good dishes to boost the immune system. It has a lot of health benefits that are good for your heart patients. You should consider this if you suffer from blood pressure or heart problems.
Can I Freeze The Patti Labelle Chicken And Dumplings Recipe?
Yes, you can, but you should be careful to thaw it in the refrigerator. When you use frozen Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings, you should cook it in a skillet instead of a casserole.
You can also cook it on the stovetop instead of in the oven. If frozen, follow all the steps of cooking as described above, but do not add any extra broth or water to knead the dough into a firm ball.
I hope you enjoy the Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe. You can use Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe is a quick, easy meal on the weeknights. With this dish, you can also make a few side dishes.
If you have leftover dumplings, you can prepare some homemade fried chicken in the oven and then serve it with Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe.
I also hope you will enjoy this Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe and other recipes to come. I want to thank you for visiting my blog for delicious recipes.
If you enjoyed this post on Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe, please leave a comment and let me know.