Pollo campero grilled chicken is the best chicken in the world, period. It is very tasty and a lot better than KFC. If I write about the food value of the chicken, then it is very high, low in fat, and a lot of protein.
Those who do not know what Pollo Campero is are fried/grilled chicken that originated from Guatemala and opened their first restaurant in California (United States).
This Guatemalan fast-food chain has over 300 branches throughout the world. Now, Guatemala is one of the countries with the most Pollo Campero restaurants after opening its first branch in 2004.
In Guatemala, you can find their branches located in La Pradera Mall, Boulevard Los Proceres, Galerías Escalante, and a soon-to-be-opened branch near Mixco.
Since Guatemalans love chicken and have a fast food restaurant called Pollo Feliz (which is not as good as the famous KFC, but still tasty), it was just a matter of time before Guatemalans adapted to this new kind of taste from Guatemala.
In my opinion, polls campero is better than the American fast food restaurant KFC because it’s a lot cheaper, has a larger variety of choices, and tastes better.
I believe that the demand for Pollo Campero in Guatemala will increase rapidly because more poor people are getting used to this type of food from Guatemalan origins.
How To Prepare Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar;
- 12 oz. warm water;
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt;
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice;
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes;
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (we like Better Than Bouillon);
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil;
- 5 lbs. chicken parts.
- A grill with side burners and a cover
- A small bowl
- A whisk
- A large zipper-lock bag.
1. Mix vinegar, warm water, salt, lemon juice, onion flakes, bouillon powder, garlic, and oil in the bowl.
2. Add chicken parts to zipper-lock bag and add marinade mixture to bag.
3. Fold over the top of the bag several times to seal tightly.
4. Squeeze bag to work the marinade into chicken pieces.
5. Place bag in a bowl and refrigerate for 4-24 hours (longer is better).
6. Heat grill to medium-high with the burners on one side only (so that there is indirect heat on the other side).
7. Grill covered for 15 minutes, or until lightly charred and almost cooked through.
8. Turn heat to low (or move chicken to the cool side of the grill) and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on size; pieces should reach 165°F in the center when checked with an instant-read thermometer.
9. Chicken is done when it registers 165°F in the center of the thickest part and has reached 170°F throughout.
Nutrition Fact Of Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken
Serving size – 1 piece of chicken
Health Benefits Of Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken
1. It has fewer calories from fat
2. It is a good source of protein
3. It has no trans fats
4. It is high in calcium and vitamin D
5. Low in cholesterol
6. High in Potassium, Iron and Niacin
7. A great substitute for beef or pork because it has less fat and more protein
8. Good for lactose-intolerant people because it is lactose-free
9. It is good for the heart because it contains Omega 3 fatty acids, Niacin, and Vitamin B6.
10. Great choice for diabetic patients since it has a low Glycemic Index (GI) score of 31.
Is it Good For Heart Patients?
Heart patients can eat it without any worry. Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken is low in fat, Trans fat-free, and contains a high amount of cholesterol that the heart needs to function properly. It also helps reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels.
Is This Food Cholesterol Free?
The food contains cholesterol but has no trans fats, which can increase bad cholesterol (LDL). It contains Niacin and Vitamin B6, which help in decreasing LDL levels.
In addition, it is high in potassium and iron, which also decreases blood pressure and regulates heartbeat.
Is This Food Good For Diabetic Patients?
Diabetic patients can eat this food because of its low GI score and have no trans fats. It also contains Vitamin B6, which regulates blood glucose levels and is good for healthy heart function.
Is This Food Good For Lactose Intolerant?
Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken is lactose-free. Hence it is suitable even if you are lactose intolerant.
Is This Food Good For Your Skin?
Chicken contains an amino acid called “Methionine,” which is good for your skin. It also contains Vitamin B6, which helps to improve blood circulation and keeps your skin healthy.
Enjoy the delicious taste of Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken at home!
The Bottom Line
Pollo Campero Grilled Chicken is tender, flavorful, sweet, and juicy to eat. It has no trans fats, which makes it healthier than other fried foods. You can eat this at home anytime because of its long life in the freezer section.
It is available at Walmart’s freezer section nationwide, so your next BBQ party with friends will be a big hit!