Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is perfect for warming up on a cold winter night. With homemade noodles, shredded chicken, and plenty of fresh veggies, it’s no surprise this dish is one of our best sellers.
The key to this recipe is both. It’s simmered with carrots and onion until they are caramelized for a delicious flavor profile. Once you add the flour and other ingredients to make a velvety gravy, it’ll start to resemble classic pot pie filling.
We use shells and a slice of pie crust to give it the classic pot pie look. Then we layer the pieces into the cup, starting with noodles, then chicken pot pie filling, and ending with another piece of crust.
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is sure for your lunch or dinner menu. It’s flavorful and comforting. And it always goes fast.
How To Make Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe?
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups carrots, cut into half-inch pieces and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick half-moon shapes
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or unsalted butter
- 3 cups chicken broth (or homemade broth)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plain flour will work too)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water (not hot)
Step 1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until just before it starts to smoke. Add the carrots and onion and cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
Step 2. In a separate pot, bring chicken broth to boil. Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes more.
Step 3. Heat the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan until it turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Step 4. In a medium bowl, whisk the starch with the water. Add the flour and cornstarch mixture to the butter and mix until smooth.
Step 5. Add enough of this first mixture to add a velvety gravy-like appearance to form a thin paste. Then start adding more of your chicken broth mixture and cook until it starts to boil. Mix in more flour if needed to thicken your gravy-like consistency.
Step 6. Add the cooked carrots and onions. Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes, by which time you should have a good gravy-like consistency.
Step 7. Add the chicken and bacon to your soup mixture, mix well and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Step 8. Add your noodles on top, then top with the remaining soup cup and a piece of pie crust.
Step 9. Bake your soup in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
9 Amazing Nutrition Facts You Don’t Know:
1. Eating cheese is good for the bones because it contains calcium and vitamin D, which are essential for strong bones.
2. Olive oil can lower your cholesterol level in only two weeks. It contains antioxidants and helps with inflammation as well as cardiovascular diseases.
3. Drinking coffee has been proven to reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease and keep you alert and awake.
4. To maintain a healthy weight, try eating white meat instead of red meat.
5. Eating more garlic can help you lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It is an excellent source of manganese too.
6. Fruit juices are high in potassium and low in water content, which helps you feel full for longer periods.
7. A medium apple contains 1/4 cup of sugar, but it is better for your health than drinking regular soda drinks that have 15 teaspoons of sugar in them.
8. Drinking water in place of sugary sodas reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke by 20%.
9. Eating fish is one of the best ways to lower your cholesterol and become more heart-healthy. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids essential for your heart health.
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe?
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is a perfect dish for a healthy diet. It’s got low calories, which is ideal for weight loss. It also has high nutrients and lean protein.
If you’re a fan of chicken pot pie, you will love this recipe. It’s the perfect comfort food for a chilly night.
The recipe is also kid-friendly, so it’s great for parties and family gatherings. And it’s easy to make as well.
How To Serve Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is best served with crusty Italian bread or rolls and accompanied by a green salad on the side.
You can enjoy it by itself, as a soup, or with cheese like a casserole. You can also add in some chopped vegetables if you want.
What Does Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Look Like?
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is a creamy soup with a smooth and velvety texture. It’s white with brown specks from the chicken and bacon. The crust pieces are small squares of pie dough.
The Bottom Line
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is a delicious chicken soup rich in flavor and low in calories. It’s a perfect dish to enjoy when you need comfort food.
Try out this amazing recipe, and let us know what you think!
Potbelly Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe has been added to our diet category of Healthy Recipes. Click on the link to view the healthy recipe and find more like it.