Queensland chicken and shrimp pasta is a flavorful dish that will have your mouth watering. It is a one-pot meal to cook the pasta and vegetables together for an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
The sauce is made with garlic, onions, tomatoes, peas, carrots, and mustard to give it a unique flavor! You may also add some fresh basil or parsley for even more flavor.
This blog post discusses how to make this delicious dish and provides tips on what ingredients you might need.
It also includes step-by-step instructions and photos of each process so that no questions are left unanswered!
How To Prepare Queensland Chicken And Shrimp Pasta
Queensland Chicken And Shrimp Pasta is my favorite weeknight dinner. It is a flavorful dish that the whole family will love! It includes shrimp, chicken, veggies, and pasta all in one pot.
You can cook them together or separately depending on your preference.
Ingredients for Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cups of peeled shrimp
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 packages Zucchini pasta (zoodles)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ a brown bell pepper diced into cubes (or you can use any other color bell pepper that you like)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- ½ a cup of water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep aside.
2. Cut chicken into cubes, dice onion, mince garlic cloves, de-vein shrimp (if using), and cube bell pepper.
3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat with oil; add chicken breast and cook until no longer pink for about 5 minutes.
4. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and shrimp to the pan and cook until shrimp are no longer pink.
5. Stir in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, water, and dijon mustard. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Serve over cooked pasta and enjoy!
Tips To Make Tastier
- You can either cook the chicken, shrimp, and veggies together or separately. It’s up to you!
- If you want a more “saucy” dish, add another ½ cup of water. Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Pasta will thicken as it cools.
- I like to use Zucchini pasta (zoodles) because it’s healthier than regular pasta. You can find them in most grocery stores now.
- You can also add some fresh basil or parsley for even more flavor.
- This dish is freezer-friendly! Just let it cool completely and then freeze in an airtight container. When you’re ready to eat it, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat thoroughly on the stove.
- This dish can also be prepared in an Instant Pot! Just skip cooking the chicken breast and follow the rest of the recipe as written.
- If you’re not a fan of shrimp or can’t find them at your grocery store, you can easily replace them with chicken.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Pasta recipe! It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family. 🙂
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Health Benefits of Queensland Chicken And Shrimp Pasta
This dish is not only delicious, but it’s also healthy! It includes chicken, shrimp, veggies, and pasta all in one pot. You can cook them together or separately depending on your preference.
The chicken is an excellent source of protein, while the shrimp are a source of omega-3 fatty acids. The veggies are a good source of fiber and vitamins A and C. The pasta is a complex carbohydrate source.
This dish also contains Dijon mustard which is a good source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help to protect your body from damage caused by free radicals.
Queensland Chicken And Shrimp Pasta Are Good For Diet?
This dish is perfect for looking for a healthy and delicious weeknight dinner. It includes chicken, shrimp, veggies, and pasta all in one pot. You can cook them together.
It’s also a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants. And it’s freezer-friendly, so you can make a big batch and store it for later.
So if you’re looking for a healthy and easy weeknight dinner, give this Queensland Chicken And Shrimp Pasta a try! You won’t be disappointed. 🙂
The Bottom Line
I hope you enjoyed this article on Queensland Chicken And Shrimp Pasta. Please “like” our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to stay tuned for future articles. We appreciate all your support and value each of our readers!