Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe is made with just a few ingredients and will please the whole family. The red ribbon pastry dough circles are delicately layered with cheese, salsa, and shredded chicken before being baked in the oven until golden brown.
You can make this tasty recipe ahead of time for dinner or as an appetizer for your next party. My family loves this ‘Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe’ because it is delicious! To make it low-carb, use low-carb tortillas.
Is it lunch or dinner? You decide, as these tasty empanadas are also great for appetizers. These are similar to chicken enchiladas, baked in the oven rather than fried in oil. I think you will enjoy this easy and delicious recipe.
How To Prepare Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe?
- 1 pkg. (2 sheets) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (grilled or baked)
- 1 can Ranch-style beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions or chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheese for topping
STEP 1: Pour the salsa into a shallow dish. Dip each biscuit into the salsa, coating completely.
STEP 2: Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken, beans, and onions onto each empanada.
STEP 3: Roll up the empanadas and place seam down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat the process for the remaining empanadas.
STEP 4: Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with shredded cheese just before serving if desired.
STEP 5: Serve warm with salsa and your favorite hot sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Of Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe
Serving size: 1
7 Best Ways To Freeze Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe
1. Place in a zip-top freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months
2. Place it in a double layer of plastic wrap (with the wrap touching the chicken) and freeze for up to 2 weeks
3. Freeze in a large enough pan so that it will not be flat when you are done freezing it and thaw overnight in the fridge before cooking
4. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 225 degrees (to keep flat) until frozen. Then remove from the baking sheet and wrap each one in plastic wrap, and store in freezer bags
5. Freeze the filling without any pastry, then once frozen, place them in a bag with the pastry, and don’t thaw before cooking
6. Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for 1 hour to harden before freezing (will be easier to wrap or put in bags)
7. Freeze each individually on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper in the freezer. Once frozen, put in a zip-top bag
It will give it a unique flavor you won’t find at restaurants. Enjoy!!
Is Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe Healthy?
Low in fat and high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! So, you get all the health benefits of red ribbon chicken& for more info on nutrients – please google: “Nutrient Dense Food.”
Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe Suitable For Vegetarians And Vegans?
Yes, it is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. It is a great vegetarian recipe available. Many vegetarians and vegans do not like meat, but this recipe will give them a similar taste to chicken enchiladas but with the added benefit of still being low in fat.
Is Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe Good For You?
Yes. It is really good for you. Aside from being low in fat, it is also high in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
You already know this serving will be good for you, but here’s some more info to help you understand how much better it is than other food.
How To Make Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe Tastier?
Add some salsa to this recipe to make it taste even more delicious! You can also add cilantro instead of green onions for a different flavor.
The recipe can also be made spicy. Try adding some hot sauce or a little cayenne pepper to the dish. Try it, and let me know how it turned out!
The Bottom Line
Thank you for visiting my website here! If you enjoy recipes like Red Ribbon Chicken Empanada Recipe, I would appreciate it if you’d share it with your friends and family through your social media network.
Also, please leave a comment below about this recipe. It will help me a lot! Thanks again for visiting!