Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich is a new menu item at Red Robin restaurants.
The sandwich was introduced on August 29, and it is the first time that anything crispy has been put on Red Robin’s menu in over 20 years.
This post will give you all the details about this new menu item, including what makes it so crispy and why they call it a “sandwich.”
How to make Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 oz. lettuce leafs
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of bread (Toasted or untoasted is up to you)
- 2 all-white-meat crispy chicken fillets (one piece is grilled and the other piece isn’t)
Step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill pan to high heat for about 20 seconds to make the chicken. Remove the chicken from the packaging and place it on top of a piece of heavy-duty foil.
Step 2: Apply mayonnaise and mustard on every side of one slice of bread. Top with lettuce, tomato, chicken piece, and cheese.
Step 3: Top with a second slice of bread, followed by a final piece of cheese. Apply more mayonnaise on top and close the sandwich completely to form a pouch.
Step 4: Place the pouch into a foil-lined basket.
Step 5: Place your basket on the preheated grill pan and cook for about 7 minutes. Flip the pouch over, close it completely and using an oven mitt, hold the bag down firmly to cook through.
Step 6: Remove from grill and let cool for about 1 minute. Unwrap the pouch to reveal a crispy sandwich.
Step 7: Slice the sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts of Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich
|Calories from fat||150|
Great 8 Health Benefits of Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich
1. Crispy chicken sandwich is completely free of fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
2. Crispy chicken sandwich promotes healthy cholesterol levels and healthy arteries.
3. It helps prevent artery blockages, arteriosclerosis, and stroke risk by lowering total cholesterol, HDLs (high-density lipoprotein), and LDLs (low-density lipoprotein).
4. Crispy chicken sandwich reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
5. Crispy chicken sandwich reduces the incidence of hypertension by lowering blood pressure.
6. Crispy chicken sandwich reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
7. Crispy chicken sandwich helps prevent osteoporosis and is also beneficial in reducing back pain.
8. It helps improve your oral health by reducing tooth decay and gum disease through its ingredient, tomatoes,
inhibits biofilm formation on enamel and provides low acidity to help prevent dental caries (cavities).
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze this sandwich for up to 3 months. It is best to freeze it between two pieces of wax paper with plastic wrap over it.
Let the frozen sandwich thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it in a toaster oven or conventional oven until hot.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
You can still enjoy Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich if you are pregnant. It contains no excess calories, as it is a white meat sandwich.
It reduces your risk of gestational diabetes and lowers blood pressure in pregnant women and the unborn child.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
If you suffer from heart disease, most of your diet should consist of low-fat protein foods to lower your cholesterol levels. Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich has only 150 calories, yet it is full of high-quality protein low in fat.
Is It Healthy?
It is not unhealthy but a healthier alternative to Red Robin’s original menu, which contains bread and cheese. You can enjoy it without feeling guilty if you are a Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich lover.
Is It Gluten-Free?
In most cases, it is always made on equipment that doesn’t process wheat, but there may be times when the sandwich has gluten in it.
If you are allergic to gluten, you should always check with the restaurant manager before purchasing this item.
What makes the chicken so crispy?
If you want to know what makes the Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich, it’s the cheese and tomatoes that are placed inside the pouch before cooking.
Also, placing some heavy-duty foil on top of a hot grill pan for about 20 seconds helps. These two things create a steam pocket inside the pouch, which makes the chicken so crispy.
Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich a new menu item that has nothing to do with chicken, and it will surely increase the popularity of this restaurant chain.
Red Robin Crispy Chicken Sandwich has always been known for its chicken sandwiches, and the company is hoping to take this success one step further.
If you are a fan of crispy chicken, you can try it today. If not, I suggest you give it a try at least once before judgment comes from your mouth.