Thin cut chicken breast recipes are a wonderful way to make a light and delicious meal. Recipes for this dish often include near-boiled chicken breasts that have been sliced thinly with the grain.
In general, you’ll want to slice it against the grain for recipes where the chicken is not cooked but with the grain in those fully cooked.
The sauce can consist of tomato sauce, vinegar, wine or lemon juice, broth or water, and many other ingredients such as onion and garlic powders. The sauce and chicken are usually cooked on low heat for at least an hour.
This chicken breast recipe can be served hot or cold, added to your main meal, or tossed on top of a salad for an appetizer.
How to make Thin cut chicken breast recipes?
preparation time: 20 minute
Cooking time: 50 minute
Total time: 70 minutes
Ingredients for Thin cut chicken breast recipes
- 5 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Half teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup oil
- 1 large onion – diced
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 cup green pepper – diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves – crumbled
1. Place chicken breasts on a flat surface on a cutting board. Using the tip of your knife, run it along the length of each breast, slicing the meat almost but not completely through.
2. Sprinkle flour over chicken breasts, then season with salt and pepper. Combine well with your hands to coat all sides evenly.
3. Heat oil and butter in a 5-quart saute pan over medium-high heat until butter is melted and sizzling.
4. Place coated chicken breasts in a pan and cook for 20 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
5. Add onion, garlic, green pepper, tomato paste, and seasonings to the same pan. Stir together to blend well, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
6. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
7. Return chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
8. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition facts of Thin cut chicken breast recipes
- Calories: 172.5
- Protein: 23.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
- Sodium: 690 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Sugars: 2.1 g
Best 7 Serving Ideas for Thin cut chicken breast recipes
Here are 7 serving ideas for Thin cut chicken breast recipes.
1. Chicken Sandwich
Place slices of this meat on toasted whole grain bread and serve with a side salad for a healthy lunch. Add sliced tomato, onion, and alfalfa sprouts to make it even more filling.
2. Pasta Salad
Combine cooked thin-cut chicken with cooked pasta and combine with diced tomatoes, green peppers, and onions. Add a few tablespoons of your favorite light or fat-free dressing and toss to coat evenly.
3. Chicken Wrap
Open a whole grain wrap and spread with low-fat mayonnaise. Place slices of this meat on top and add shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onion, cheddar cheese, and sprouts.
Wrap firmly to keep contents inside and serve with tomato sauce on the side.
4. Toss with Noodles
After cooking chicken, combine with cooked noodles and add grated carrots, onions, and celery.
Add some broth or water to the pan and stir to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add to the noodles and serve hot.
5. Toss on Pasta Salad
Slice this meat thin and toss it with your favorite pasta salad recipe. Add cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and onions for added freshness.
6. Toss in a Wrap
Add this meat to your favorite wrap recipes, such as a whole grain wrap with lettuce and tomato, and serve with some salsa on the side.
7. Add To Soups And Stews
When making your favorite soups and stews, add thin-cut chicken breast to them for added flavor and texture. Be careful not to overcook the meat, or it will become rubbery.
Thin cut chicken breast recipes can be prepared in many different forms and can be served hot or cold. It is also easy to prepare and can be added to a wide variety of main meals for a healthy meal you can enjoy.
This article helps you to get the right information about Thin cut chicken breast recipes.
We hope you have been able to get all the information about the subject from this article and be happy.
If you want to know more specific information, you are suggested to search on the internet because it provides the relevant information.