A thin sliced chicken breast recipe is a great way to prepare especially moist and tender chicken breast.
But that’s not the only benefit of this recipe – it will also save you money with just one or two main ingredients and no need for expensive cuts of meat.
This recipe is easy-to-follow and will make the magic happen in no time.
Thin Sliced Chicken Breast Recipe is a very simple recipe with just one or two ingredients, which is why it is such an incredible money saver.
Many people have enjoyed this recipe over time, and it has proved to be a chicken breast recipe favorite since it was first published. It does not take long to make and is very easy to prepare.
IThin Sliced Chicken Breast Recipe is one of those quick meals you can prepare in a very short time frame, even when you come home after work and feel extremely hungry.
How to make a Thin sliced chicken breast recipe?
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the lemon juice and chicken broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to loosen any browned bits – this will add a lot of flavor to the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and let it simmer in the sauce for about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken to coat it in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the dish with the lemon zest and chopped parsley before serving.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite side dish, such as steamed vegetables or rice.
This dish is simple, flavorful, and a great way to use thin sliced chicken breasts. Enjoy!
Calories: 250-300 kcal
- Chicken Breast: Around 130-160 kcal (for a 4 oz piece)
- Olive Oil: Around 60 kcal per half tablespoon. This recipe uses 2 tablespoons which will be distributed among the servings.
Protein: 25-30 grams
- Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein.
Fat: 10-15 grams
- Mostly from the olive oil, but also a small amount from the chicken.
- This recipe is very low in carbohydrates. There may be a small amount in the chicken broth and lemon juice.
7 Amazing Serving Ideas
Absolutely, the versatility of chicken makes it an ideal ingredient to pair with many different flavors and cuisines. Here are seven delicious serving ideas for your thin-sliced lemon garlic chicken:
Serve your chicken over a bed of spaghetti or linguine. You can add a touch more olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to enhance the flavor.
Combine cooked quinoa with fresh vegetables (like bell peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers), a squeeze of lemon juice, and some fresh herbs. Top it with your thin-sliced chicken for a protein-packed, healthy meal.
Place your chicken inside a large flour tortilla along with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a drizzle of yogurt or tzatziki sauce. Roll it up for a delicious chicken wrap.
Serve your chicken with a side of couscous, a fresh Greek salad, and some warm pita bread. Add some hummus or tzatziki on the side for dipping.
Serve the chicken on a bed of stir-fried vegetables like bell peppers, snap peas, carrots, and onions, cooked in a little sesame oil and soy sauce.
Create a grain bowl using brown rice or farro, then add roasted vegetables, a handful of greens, and your sliced chicken. Top it with a simple vinaigrette or your favorite sauce.
Chicken Caesar Salad
Cut the chicken into smaller slices and toss it in a classic Caesar salad. The lemony chicken will add a great flavor to the salad.
The thin sliced chicken breast recipe is a fantastic dish, especially if you are looking for something that is very easy to make and requires just two ingredients.
The recipe is very simple, and the cooking process is even easier. Moreover, there are many things that you can do with leftover chicken breast, such as sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc.
You can also freeze it or use it in casseroles (be sure to find out how long you should store leftovers).
This article helps you get the right nutrition and build your confidence in the kitchen. You can confidently make this dish and impress your friends with it.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment below.