Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is an easy chicken chili recipe with white beans and white wine.
In addition to the traditional ingredients, this dish includes bacon, ham, and chives for additional flavor. It’s just perfect for a cool fall or winter day.
This white chicken chili recipe is perfect for a light dinner or lunch. And it can be served in a bowl with white chicken chili spiced up with cayenne pepper or on top of warm tortilla chips along with sliced avocado.
This is an excellent dish if you’re entertaining and want to offer something warm and delicious.
How Do You Make Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili?
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 pounds small- to medium-sized skinless chicken breast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (breasts may have no more than 2 ounces of fat) or shredded cooked chicken)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
Step 2: Add the chicken cubes and cook until no longer pink, occasionally stirring to brown lightly but not totally. Stir in the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Add the white beans and wine, stirring to combine well. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Step 4: Whisk the cornstarch mixture in a small bowl and then slowly add it to the sauce in the pot, stirring constantly. Continue to cook on low just until thickened.
|Total Fat||15 gm|
|Saturated fat||2 gm|
|Total Carbohydrates||53 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||13 gm|
|Sugars, Fat and Protein||8.4 gm|
7 Attractive Healthy Benefits Of This Recipe
1. Chicken is a good source of high-quality protein, and it’s low in fat and saturated fat.
2. White beans are a rich source of fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and promote digestive health.
3. Garlic has antimicrobial properties that help protect against food-borne illnesses, including intestinal infections and “bad” bacteria.
4. Chili powder is a blend of dried red peppers, ground cumin, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and other spices. It contains a mixture of herbs that aid in digestion and help eliminate and prevent problems like colds, coughs, and sore throats.
5. Cayenne pepper is a spicy red pepper used in chili powder. It contains capsaicin, responsible for the thermic effect associated with eating meals that include fresh peppers. This means that they produce low-grade heat in the body without damaging tissue or causing damage to the immune system.
6. Chili has a high sodium content, and cayenne pepper is one of the most common additives. It’s used in chili powder to add flavor but also helps to balance blood sugar.
7. White chicken chili is also a good source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, essential for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Who Can Eat Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili?
Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is good to eat for everyone because it contains healthy protein and fiber. It is also low in sodium, fat, and cholesterol. Those who suffer from high blood pressure or heart problems should consult a physician before trying this recipe.
Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is low-fat, low-cholesterol, and high in fiber, and it’s easy to make when you have free time.
Have Any Side Effects Of Eating It?
No, Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is very healthy and has no side effects because it is a natural ingredient.
Do I Need To Refrigerate This Recipe?
Since Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is cooked and has no added fats, it can be eaten several hours after preparation. So you can cook it just before you want to serve it with the ingredients like beans and lemon juice.
However, refrigerate the leftovers within two hours of cooking if you plan to store the pieces later. Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is a delicious dish for everyone regardless of age or health condition.
The Bottom Line
Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili is quite delicious and easy to prepare. It’s a versatile recipe that you can also serve at parties or pot lucks.
So if you like Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili, I hope you will give it a try.
With this recipe, you can make lots of delicious and healthy meals for your family. Even starting, you can prepare Valerie Bertinelli White Chicken Chili at home.